Did You Ever Find The "Truth" Was Ever " Exciting"???

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

After reading the thread by Truthseeker regarding the District Convention, and realizing that they were trying to tell people, especially young ones, that the "Truth" is "exciting", I just HAD to ask you, did you EVER feel that the "Truth" was "exciting"? I never ever did.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

The only time I was excited was to get HOME after the 3 day convention. In fact all my excitement came AFTER I was finished doing "spiritual things".

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Never

The meetings were sombre occasions usually, especially the memorial

The assemblies and conventions were even worse, as they lasted longer

The ministry was a duty, and one that very few found even interesting, let
    alone exciting

• blondie
    blondie

I have to admit that I found certain things exciting when I was younger, especially when the conventions were finally inside with AC and more comfortable seats.

I enjoyed working before the convention in food service, accounting, and other areas. I talked to quite a few people and seemed popular.

When I regular pioneered there was quite a mix of young men and women and it was quite a "social" opportunity.

The talks at the KH seemed more exciting because the speakers had more leeway in the outline and props.

Back in the 70's and 80's there were more social occasions among the JWs until the jackboot of NY came down on the neck of the rank and file.

Exciting now?!

People just get their time in and hope they have a few "friends" to say hi to before and after the meetings. The end is near, soon, very soon now echoes hollowly in the ears of those from the 1975 generation who lost more hope when the 1914 generation was gutted.

"I never thought I would die in this system"

Blondie

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

There were a few (very few) sistersâ„¢ that got me excited, but beyond that the most exciting thing about the truthâ„¢ was leaving.

W

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I have to admit that at times I got caught up in the illusion of being part of something bigger, more meaningful, than myself.

I kinda knew then, and know for a certainty now, that it was an illusion.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Looking back, I wouldn't call it exciting but that is because I do exciting things now. I do remember being excited about going to the conventions when I was younger but it was more to do with being out of the mindnumbing routine. Also, being on holiday at home and not going to a single meeting was just superb! Beer, films, bed - great stuff!

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Never, I always thought it was the most boring thing on the whole planet. Going to the Kingdom Hall was always a chore, I couldn't wait until the meeting ended.

Now when I go to church in Kentucky, I cant wait to get there, and hate for it to end. I feel totally different about church than I did attending meetings. I actually enjoy being there.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

rumors of " special announcements" were always exciting till you actually heard the " special announcement" zzzzzzzzz

driving past the hall on a saturday night or wed night and seeing 3 elders cars and one other car was exciting.. "ooo wonder what he/she DID?"

• Lapuce
    Lapuce

Yes I too got excited my some of the sisters.... Thats about it the rest made me fall asleep!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit