Did You Ever Find The "Truth" Was Ever " Exciting"???

by minimus 29 Replies latest jw friends

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Honestly, yeah. I did. I actually cheered when the "scholarly, two-volume Bible Encyclopedia" [insert it's name here] was released. One of my friends looked at me like I was an idiot. I shoulda taken the hint, eh?

I was part of the elite, the 1/10% of mankind that knew the TRUTH. I worshiped the only true god. And very soon -- literally any day now -- I was going to begin my eternal life in paradise.

Dave of the "hook, line, sinker, and pole" class

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Once in 1969 When I thought that 1975 would mean that we could live forever on a paradise earth and see our dead relatives again. To me that was an exciting time. The "Carrot" made me a captive of a concept. After 1975 came and went the excitement wore off and it was wait on Jehovah time. Do more, Do more, soon , soon became exhausting no longer exciting.

Blueblades

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey Mini!

Yep, it had to be exciting, given all I tossed away for the TRUTH. Ten years of working toward a career was considered a lot of refuse. I participated in dramas, was in charge of set productions, served at the House of God and in a highly visible and prospering foreign language group, and got to help fellow Dubs lead a godly life while I served as an elder. I was really - how do you say? - "into it"!
    Of course, all that has changed, and it's due, in part, to those pesky questions MINIMUS keeps asking! LOLOLOLOL! What right do you have, making me think!!!!!!

CoCo the Conquered

• Highlander
    Highlander

Nope, never found it exciting. I never completely jumped on the j-dub bandwagen so it wasn't possible for me to be 'excited'

Ask my brother though,, in his own words, "I'm excited about the truth!" and he's 26 yrs old.

• ninja
    ninja

The time brother John Ansell's wig fell off at the tuesday group was exciting....the thing had a mind of its own....it was like a hamster scuttling under chairs...until it was captured .....held aloft victoriously.....and placed back on its owners freckly ostrich egg like noggin....true story apart from the hamster bit

• needproof
    needproof

The only form of excitement I got was from Watching the young sisters at the conventions

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Lets see, I was a witnoid for 31 years. I would think the year before armegedon back in 74 must have been somewhat exciting. I knew what was going to happen, most everyone else didnt. I got to laugh at those who were wasting there time going to college. It was pretty exciting to know they would all be destroyed when 75 came because they didnt keep their priorities straight.

But after I survived the great battle of amegedon back in 75, I have found very little in life exciting. I think I spent all my excitement back then.

• helncon
    helncon

The only thing i found ecxiting was going to the DC and meeting new people, working at the DC.

I loved going to the quickbuilds as well. Not that i ever did much but 'talk' to the young brothers

I mainly found it draining and not making any sense.

Helen

• restrangled
    restrangled

Yes, in the fall of 1975 when we were waiting for Armageddon, predicted by the FDS. Everyone was holding there breath that summer waiting for the fall. ............................Good God....the world was coming to an end.

Yeah, it was the "End" the end of belief of a lot of people I use to know including my own father who was an elder for years.

r.

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Nope!

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit