If Bush Used Nuclear Weapons On Iran Should He Be Tried As A War Criminal?

by frankiespeakin 119 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Sorry, Tyrone. Respectfully, I think we may have to agree to disagree. Radical Islam is a symptom of more profound issues and is certainly not the primary reason why the US is fighting a war in the middle east. I don't buy for one second that "they hate us for our freedoms." (quoting George Bush, "the Decider") That kind of propaganda is an insult to my intelligence.

Also, if Halliburton, Blackwater, and other recipients of Corporate Welfare aren't making a profit from the war business, then they wouldn't be in business, would they? Of course, the US has the power to print more and more Federal Reserve Notes to cover the costs, but those debt notes are losing value because they aren't pegged to anything but faith; faith that somehow, some time in the future, the US will be able to pay it's debt, or at least the interest on it.

I could go on and on, but what's the point? You've got your mind made up based on what you know. I've read quite a bit myself on US History, Foreign and Public Policy, Economics, Energy, Agriculture, Industry, and so on and so forth. Frankly, I've got no neat and tidy answers for you or anyone. I promote no popular "ism" as a panacea. I tell no one what to do, only to be informed. Like I said, no one that I know likes what is going on, but no one really knows how to stop it.

As you said, war is ugly and a crime. It is especially so when the most powerful country in the world is run by "tyrants whose only objective is to create mayhem and aspire to world domination." :)

Dave

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Yes Dave, I'm only speaking based on things I've read and formulated, but I know there is a whole lot too that i don't know and all that could change. I still think however evil must be fought for the greater good of mankind regardless of who profits from it. Too many without any opinion seems like the begining of anarchy. My trust isn't totally blind. I beleive if they are over there spending all that money there's got to be a an issue of survival for civilization as we know it, and I don't want that tide to turn in favour of radicals. It's not a perfect world, but I beleive it will be a lot worse if we don't sort this mess out.

I think being out of major combat for many years has made people too complacent and the stakes are higher than ever and harder than ever to understand. These boys on the front are at least staying frosty for any potential harm that may arise. There is an enemy and it is real one. The value of the dollar losing it's power is another issue that makes this all the more urgent. In reality we can all take a veiwpoint or no veiw but in the end we are not the power brokers that hold the strings. All I know is that I would sooner give my loyalty and trust to a government that was founded on a constitution that considers freedom and human rights an important dimension to civilization.

• JT
    JT

Is that not far more worthy of mention seeing as how they would use it without even blinking.

##########

i think that this is one point that too many folks fail to grasp, while i don't agree with old george- i do know that if my boy in Iran had the fire power that old george has NOT ONE OF US WOULD BE READING THIS POST

and this is what so many folks fail to grasp-

when you compare george to some of the dudes around the world, george is a cake walk in the park-

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Could Bush do that without a vote in Congress? I would think/hope that some serious checks on the use of nuclear weapons exist.

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

There may be checks in place for the use of weapons but I was suprized at how quickly they were able to mobilize a misslie attack on Ghadafis house. Was that Reagan or Clinton that made that attack. I think it was Clinton. I liked Clinton he was very clever. Clintion in my opinion had good reaction time even though they failed with Blackhawk down.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I would really like to know, What do you think, should he be tried as a war criminal if he every nuked Iran?

• needproof
    needproof

He doesn't need to nuke Iran to be tried as a War Criminal, he is already a war criminal. The Israeli lobby has been pushing for a war with Iran, although I believe that the grand plan which has already been formulated is not the work of the Zionist agenda, it is something far bigger.

When you consider that North Korea by the day are getting more in your face about the powers they posses and propaganda constantly bellows with anti-western tirades, then surely we must consider them to be a bigger threat. The United States has failed miserably in the Mid East in Afghanistan and Iraq.

I heard it said that the U.S. is to invade Iran and consequently become bogged down in warfare across this vast area so heavily that it would allow North Korea to attack the South, China to invade Taiwan and head west thus triggering events which would lead to a nuclear WW3 where the Pope would get his wish and the Israeli nation and Jewish race would be destroyed forever.

Thats not my opinion, thats just what I heard.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Possibly if he uses the new mini-nukes, but certainly not if he can take Iran's nuclear facilities out without using them. Many experts are saying America probably has no choice but to do just that. Bushe's objective is to go all out in trying to stop the spread of nuclear weaponry and stem the scary new proliferation of nuclear weapons. The Non-Proliferation Treaty is in major jeopardy. Unfortunately America allowed Kim Il Jong to develop nuclear weaponry and hold the world to ransom. Other countries have taken notice his success. Clinton should have taken the little prick out in 1994 when he had the chance. America could not afford to let Saddam Hussein get his hands on one and it certainly cannot afford to let any other Muslim fanatic do so.

But it's all too late, the horse has bolted. Nuclear weapons only keep the peace between adversaries who prefer to keep living. The game has completely changed with Al Quaeda. Their spokesmen have said it is their right to inflict 4 million deaths on Americans, to bring about an "American Hiroshima". Al Quaeda is working to become the world's 10th nuclear power. Rumours have circulated for years that in 1998 bin Laden purchased two suitcase nuclear bombs and has stored them for the right moment. Even if he didn't, it is only a matter of time.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Yes. I don't buy the 'war on terror', I do believe there is much more to it than that. It's been 4 years in Iraq and the situation there is worse than ever. Before the coalition invaded (including Australia) Iraq did not pose a threat to the western world. The war changed that, you can guarantee for every 'terrorist' stopped, plenty more are popping up to take their place.

If Bush uses nuclear weapons on Iran on what basis will the be on? Nuclear weapons? Wasn't WMDs the reason for going to war on Iraq? That and the supposed connections between Saddam and 911? Both turned out to be lies, and they knew there were no WMDs (again including our governement) there are a lot of companies making money on this war (as already pointed out above). I believe money to be the real motive.

• The Humper
    The Humper

the only reason that the war in iraq has become more deadly and is continuing that way is because of syria and iran. they are recruiting and training more and more radical islamists. they sneak across the border into iraq and attack the coalition forces. its not the same war that started, it has changed drastically.

as far as the two koreans are concerned im not sure were here to try and stop the north from invading but the south from taking over the north. it was be to the south koreans benefit if the north was overran.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit