• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I love flip-flops.

I even wear them in the winter months.

Watchtower flip-flops?

Not so much.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Although this expression has been used, it is best to avoid it since it seems to imply that Jehovah's mercy softens or restrains his justice, as if his mercy were superior to the harsher quality of justice. This is not correct.

I was so mad about the pinata thing that I went back and read your post again.

Now this quote from the WT is steaming me. "This expression has been used"--- by whom? The WT!!!! Did they admit this? NO!!

Now it should be "avoided" because "This is not correct." But you will not see the WTS admitting that they were the ones who "implied" incorrect teachings, nor are they apologizing.

The inference is that the rank and file were incorrect......once again......

It is a wonder that any witness would feel qualified to go from door to door . How can they keep up with the ever changing "new light?"

Thanks, gumby, for bringing this to our attention, even though it did raise my blood pressure!

• Kaput
    Kaput

Just smoke the buds, gumbong. Takes the edge off of bein' back at the funny farm. BTW, can you p/u some of the latest bound volumes for me? Appreciate it.

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

This is what they get for thinking that some religion can read God's mind.

Isaac

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

This "stuff" really makes you scratch your head and wonder "WHAT WAS I THINKING????

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

(deleted - double post)

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Technically it's not really a contradiction.

A contradiction is when two opposite positions are put forward as both correct at the same time. This is not the case here because the 2002 statement qualifies the change by noting that although the expression has been used before it is no longer appropriate to do so.

So technically this is a correction - it's 'new light'!

• VM44
    VM44

"Suppose you saw a piece of candy lying in the gutter. Would you pick up that candy and eat it? Of course not! That candy is unclean."

What does a piece of candy being in the gutter have to due with the ORIGIN of the piece of candy? The illustration doesn't make sense at all. It appears to be appealing to a person's emotional response as to not wanting to eat "dirty" candy.

Bad logic,....but good propaganda, which is exactly what the Watchtower publishes.

--VM44

• cyberguy
    cyberguy

Gumby,

That change was part of an overall trend that occurred in the early to mid 1990’s. They encouraged the elders (I was one at the time) to base all their "judicial" decisions on “facts” and DF those that broke the "rules," unless the erring admitted to breaking the "rules" (even when there was little to no evidence or circumstantial "evidence" at best) and showed “repentance” by begging not to be DF'd. However, mitigating “evidence” was considered only if the erring-one attended all the meetings, was very active in the field service, commented at all the meetings, etc. If they were not, their “repentance” was not accepted because they did not have “works” that befit “repentance,” and so the person should be DF’d without question. This was part of the detailed instructions from headquarters! Of course, it's cold, harsh, brazen, totally unloving, and yet a directive that the elders were instructed to follow or else they could face consequenses! In contrast to the WT's ramblings, the teachings of Jesus, as seen in the Bible (as I understand it), draw people to a God who is full of mercy and grace, one that sees beyond what we are, but looks to what we could be! That’s the drawing power of Christianity as I see it.

Cyber

• Warlock
    Warlock
    As during Noah's day when Jehovah tempered his justice by deferring execution for 120 years, so today he tempers his justice by deferring his war, called "the war of the great day of God the Almighty." (Rev. 16:14) Since 1918, he has shown undeserved kindness toward disobedient mankind by holding back his executional forces in the heavens in order that some "flesh would be saved."

Mr. Gumboni,

HOW CAN HE BE HOLDING BACK A DAY THAT HE HAS ALREADY SET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????????

HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M FALLING INTO AN ABYSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit