Another Watchtower Flip Flop.

by gumby 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

It's no wonder so many witnesses need medication since they must rely on the Faithful Slave do make decisions and do their thinking for them.

Evidently Jehovah changed his mind once again in the articles shown below and thanks to the FDS they let the publishers in on it.

THE WATCHTOWER MARCH 1, 2002 p.30

Is it correct to say that Jehovah's mercy tempers his justice?

Although this expression has been used, it is best to avoid it since it seems to imply that Jehovah's mercy softens or restrains his justice, as if his mercy were superior to the harsher quality of justice. This is not correct.

Hence, if we were to say that Jehovah's mercy tempered his justice, we would also have to say that his justice tempered his mercy.

Compare with these articles

Watchtower 1965 July 1 p.415 Tempering Justice with Mercy

As during Noah's day when Jehovah tempered his justice by deferring execution for 120 years, so today he tempers his justice by deferring his war, called "the war of the great day of God the Almighty." (Rev. 16:14) Since 1918, he has shown undeserved kindness toward disobedient mankind by holding back his executional forces in the heavens in order that some "flesh would be saved."

Watchtower 1997 December 1 pp.10-11 Jehovah, a God "Ready to Forgive"

Why Is Jehovah "Ready to Forgive"?

4 We read: "As far off as the sunrise is from the sunset, so far off from us he has put our transgressions. As a father shows mercy to his sons, Jehovah has shown mercy to those fearing him." A potter handles his clay vessels firmly yet delicately, ever mindful of their nature. So, too, Jehovah, the Great Potter, tempers his dealings with us according to the frailty of our sinful nature.—Compare 2 Corinthians 4:7.

Watchtower 1965 July 1 pp.413-4 Tempering Justice with Mercy

Tempering Justice with Mercy

The great God of the universe has given mankind good laws, and from time to time he has had to balance the scales of justice by punishing those who violate those laws. In so doing, however, he warms up cold justice and tempers it with kindness and mercy.

Gee, no contradiction there eh?

Now then, would someone please find me my Prozac

Gumby

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

I want to hurl....how you cope with this on the inside I do not know, in so doing...bleugh...

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly

'Awake!' 2003 9/22 p.24 The Piñata—An Ancient Tradition***

A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues. The Bible says: "Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person."—1 Corinthians 10:24.

'Bible Teach' (2005) chap.16 p.159 par.12 Take Your Stand for True Worship***

DO

ORIGINS REALLY MATTER?

... Maybe you feel that the origins of holidays have little to do with how they are celebrated today. Do origins really matter? Yes! To illustrate: Suppose you saw a piece of candy lying in the gutter. Would you pick up that candy and eat it? Of course not! That candy is unclean. Like that candy, holidays may seem sweet, but they have been picked up from unclean places. To take a stand for true worship, we need to have a viewpoint like that of the prophet Isaiah, who told true worshipers: "Touch nothing unclean."—Isaiah 52:11.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

More bullshit from the WTS.........blantent fear mongering with the intent to conger control for the organization

fear brings control, control builds power or in another sense a kingdom

• Terry
    Terry

JUSTICE is getting what you DESERVE according to what you've done (or, failed to do).

This is fitting, apt, balanced and fair.

To be willing to change what is DESERVED is to violate what is JUST.

Either humans really deserve to be punished for this or that or not.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

DO ORIGINS REALLY MATTER?

... Maybe you feel that the origins of holidays have little to do with how they are celebrated today. Do origins really matter? Yes! To illustrate: Suppose you saw a piece of candy lying in the gutter. Would you pick up that candy and eat it? Of course not! That candy is unclean. Like that candy, holidays may seem sweet, but they have been picked up from unclean places. To take a stand for true worship, we need to have a viewpoint like that of the prophet Isaiah, who told true worshipers: "Touch nothing unclean."—Isaiah 52:11.

..........and thus the WTS dismisses holidays with an analogy that one would use on a five-year-old! Candy! BTW, that analogy could be taken apart by a fairly bright chimpanzee. So, the fact is most of our food comes from the soil - dirt - including fertilizer - animal poop - so we shouldn't eat carrots, zucchini, lettuce, broccoli, etc.?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

GumbDub..Nice to have you home bud!.....The WBT$ would have us believe God is an Unintellegent Supreme Being,that can`t make up his mind!..LOL!!...OUTLAW

• Honesty
    Honesty

I am so thankful that I stopped eating at the Watchtower Diner.

That sh*t is poisonous.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

How can any rational, sane person not see this for what it is? The only appropriate emoticon is this one....can you say

(that's a waffle, btw)

• Quandry
    Quandry

*** 'Awake!' 2003 9/22 p.24 The Piñata—An Ancient Tradition***

A main concern is, not what the practice meant hundreds of years ago, but how it is viewed today in your area. Understandably, opinions may vary from one place to another. Hence, it is wise to avoid turning such matters into big issues. The Bible says: "Let each one keep seeking, not his own advantage, but that of the other person."—1 Corinthians 10:24.

I made such a big deal out of not letting my child anywhere near pinatas when she was in school. Many Spanish children were at her school and they had them for parties, but being a rabid dub, she was allowed nowhere near them. After all they were unclean and associated with holidays!!!

When this article came out, I was livid. Now all the things I'd said about pinatas was viewed as ridiculous, because now, of course, the practice is not viewed religiously.

What about Christmas and birthdays? Especially birthdays. Who in the world but JWs makes an issue out of them or connects them with any sort of false worship?

FLIP FLOP, FLIP FLOP!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit