Throwing Good Music Away

by choosing life 42 Replies latest jw friends

• monophonic
    monophonic

my old roommate and family friend and jw killed himself after listening to skinny puppy for two days in his bedroom with the door locked. i hadn't seen him for a couple of years, or much of the family for that matter b/c i had gotten married and moved. when i went to the house of mourning, they told me he was listening to skinny puppy and they threw out all the cds. blaming skinny puppy partially for his suicide. what a joke. i'm interviewing skinny puppy next week for a newspaper article to come out in june. it's in the biggest newspaper in our area...hopefully they'll happen upon it somehow. right now, still listening to a lot of nick cave, skinny puppy's latest release for research, and it ain't that bad, i got into a death angel freak out the other night, so i also pulled out napalm death. other great bands: munly and the lee lewis harlots slim cessna's auto club ministry anything w/ billy childish in it jonathan richman...oh, check out this great article on him. ;) Jonathan Richman article

• helncon
    helncon

I swapped the Nirvana nevermind album for the baby animals (aussie band) album mainly for the baby swimming nude on the front cover.

But i threw out in my very breif 'in' stage a lot of newspaper clippings and articles and posters of Metallica, i so regret it now as a lot of it is VERY collectable, i swore i would never do that again.

So now i am the proud owner of MANY Metallica memoriabilia and their albums.

I remember there was a talk about the new music that kids were listening to and then they played some golden oldies like big spender and a few others and then pointed out the meaning of that song. So then they could see that there music was just as bad as what we was listening too. I guess there was a few cassette boxes and album less in a lot of households.

helen

• serendipity
    serendipity

In 1982, My mother had a bonfire with over 100 of my albums. I wasn't invited.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit