How the Religious View Homosexuality

by serotonin_wraith 93 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• aniron
  • aniron
  • aniron
    aniron

Sorry I don't know whathappened there.

I hit a key and it posted about half a dozen copies.

Couldn't just delete had to remove them best I could.

• serotonin_wraith
    serotonin_wraith

smellsgood,
    I can agree with many of your points. There is an unspoken rule between most of us that causing suffering is wrong. The 'law of nature', if you will.
    I would say we have that standard because it has been proven to help us all survive.
    I agree we should all be looking at what we believe. It's by doing that that we came to outlaw slavery, give women equal rights and think better of homosexuals. There may be more changes to come- perhaps we will all feel that eating animals is wrong in the future. Perhaps atheists won't be discriminated against in America.
    You call atheism a belief, but this is not true. Atheism is a lack of belief. One can be a strong atheist and say that all gods are not real, but in order to be called an atheist, all you need to do is fill the criteria of not believing in a god. It doesn't mean you have to believe in evolution, equal rights for gays, allowing abortion, etc. Those are seperate issues.
    We all think the same about not wanting to cause suffering, for the most part. If a religious person was to say the only reason they don't rape or kill people was because they had to answer to a god, I would be very worried. A belief in a god is not necessary.

Are all biological and chemical functions simply a way of 'preserving' the species?

No. Men have nipples, in what way do they preserve the species? We have the appendix, which is not needed for our survival, and which could in fact, kill us. We can catch allergies, which is when the body overreacts to what it considers a danger, and causes more damage to us by doing so.
    With the reactions going on within us that make harming others difficult, they have been proven to help us survive.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit