If you could repeat your life.

by DJK 34 Replies latest jw friends

• DJK
    DJK

Sorry for the edit. This may have been a topic before.

I got the idea for this from Crumpets thread "If I could make your dreams come true what would they be?"

I have been asked many times "if I could go back in my life and change it, what would I do?" This is included in the book I am writing.

I know I can't change my fathers life so he will become a JW anyway. For me my answer is this. At the age of four or five, I would on a Sunday morning run out into traffic on Canal St in Salem Massachusettes, in front of the KH, before the meeting started.

How about you? What time in your life would you go back to and change what?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Is there a question...Or should I run with the title?

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    Is there a question...Or should I run with the title?

I reckon lets run with it. If I could repeat my life I would probably have to do everything exactly the same, otherwise how could I be sure of getting to this exact point - which is the happiest in my life so far.

• juni
    juni

I think you may be safe to run w/it Decki!

If I could repeat my life..........

I would start w/my birth parents.

• DJK
    DJK

All good answers and you didn't see the question yet. Cool.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Tough question, even ignoring all the "if you change this pain now, then you'll not have learned this lesson for later" sort of logic.

I think I would go back and get a solid education in religion of all types very early in life. Then I could have been an atheist much, much earlier. Many of my poor life decisions stemmed from my beliefs at the time.

I'd only buy what I could afford, and not finance a car for more than three years.

I'd drop that rock a foot further to the left when I was 7, so it would splash mud on the kid below -- which was my intention -- instead of landing on his foot and hurting him so much. In fact, hopefully I'd not drop the rock in the first place. (Again, ignoring the valuable lesson I learned from this)

I'd never have started smoking.

Before Angie moved away in 8th grade, I'd've gotten her phone number and kept in touch.

Dave

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

You peeps are full of fun this morning...

Well I would like to be big enough to say I would not change a thing, but that is not so. Truly tho', the things I would change would bring about changes in my personality that would probably not make me as strong as I am. Then I may not have the desire to do the things I want to do, nor the personality to achieve them. So I guess I need stay with it as is.

I am going to make it all happpen anyways...one way or another, so it is all good. I just have a harder road to get there!

• juni
    juni

BACK TO THE FUTURE like???

Still will go w/my first post - Different birth parents.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The biggest thing I would have done differently would have been to not join the Watchtower Society. I would have found the Crisis of Conscience book just after getting the Suffer Forever book (the internet was not widely available then, and there were no apostate Web sites to seek advice from). I would have studied the religion from all sides, and would have refused to go along with the scam.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    At the age of four or five, I would on a Sunday morning run out into traffic on Canal St in Salem Massachusettes, in front of the KH, before the meeting started.

Do you really mean this? You would sooner die as a toddler than be here now? Surely not --- i musty be misunderstanding?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit