No outlet for unattractive men in this society...

by Gregor 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Sirona
    Sirona

Crumpet!

NOW don't talk SILLY

You are really attractive indeed. If I hadn't been spoken for at the last BBQ....

Richie,

I agree that date rape is horrendous but I think that someone just was making a silly joke and certainly wasn't being serious.

Sirona

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    You are really attractive indeed. If I hadn't been spoken for at the last BBQ....

Now you tell me!

Richie you do have a valid point. I think people tend to be less cautious in their jokes when they havent experienced something or been associated with someone who has.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Are you referring to this type of fellow?

Or this one? Or maybe this one?

This guy should attract any woman I would think>>>>>

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

I thought the references to alcohol were about themselves. In other words the poster was saying that he would have to get drunk in order to sleep with someone that was unattractive to him. I will have to re-read the previous comments.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Terry said:

To me this [sex in exchange for money] is like walking up to a stranger (in need of money) and proposing to sneeze on them for cash.

I've been celibate for a year and a half now. It is far preferable to remain human than to use other people as a handkerchief.

We empty ourselves when we view other people as the means to the end of our appetites. Self is fragile. If we are hungry and steal bread it doesn't solve the real problem.

Loneliness isn't solved by a turgid pecker or credit card receipt for services rendered. It begins with a commitment to be human to others for the sake of our self.

Admirable track record, Terry. Although, I've heard some people don't think staying celibate for extended periods is possible...

According to some psychologists, when someone can control their emotions it means they have a high EQ (Emotional Intelligence)

http://psychology.about.com/od/personalitydevelopment/a/emotionalintell.htm

YC

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

OMG!

I am sooooo dense!

I am only now reading Richie's response to my response and understanding that I was the ass in question.

I humbly apologize to any and all offended by my comments.

Please be assured that they were offered in a self-deprecating manner, indicating that my looks are such that my date would need "help" to get past them.

It did not cross my mind for even one second that I was suggesting drugging or getting someone drunk so as to take advantage of them.

I feel awful about this misunderstanding.

I have felt used myself sexually, and I wish that fate on no one.

Sincerest apologies and deepest regrets,

Nvr

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    It did not cross my mind for even one second that I was suggesting drugging or getting someone drunk so as to take advantage of them.

Don't worry about it Nvr- I didn't take it that way either but I understand if someone thought that was what you meant how they could be offended. But I totally get your sense of humor, you remind me of my best friend. A lot of the things you say- sometimes I find myself doing a double take your so much like him.

• observador
    observador

"We empty ourselves when we view other people as the means to the end of our appetites. Self is fragile. If we are hungry and steal bread it doesn't solve the real problem."

I think the subject is very interesting. I am for the legalization of prostitution, but as with others here, I don't think this will solve all the men's problems.

I just think that if you are hungry and steal bread, you will survive for one more day and give yourself an opportunity to solve the real problem.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Nvr:

Not for a moment did I take your joke as anything but.........and very funny, too! I appreciate your humor.

And some people take themselves waaayyyyyy too seriously.....cheap shot.

• Handsome Dan
    Handsome Dan

Personal I think prostitution should be open and legal who ever thinks they could use a sexual experience, I think that might help lets say unattractive men come out of their shell and

possibly learn some social skills, maybe even develop some confidence with the opposite sex, all under a controlled environment of course.......just a thought

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit