Circuit & District Overseers are lazy, busybodies, and shouldn't eat!

by lawrence 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bigdreaux
    bigdreaux

lawrence, don't mean to rain on your parade bro. but, jesus said that you should be compensated if you devote your life to the preaching work. i'm not sure where, but, i will look it up.

• snowbird
    snowbird

The 10th chapter of Matthew annd Luke, bigdreaux

Snowbird

• snowbird
    snowbird

Bttt in light of the thread about the end of CO's.

I say they all should be thrown out for good!

Sylvia

• journey-on
    journey-on

One of the things I have always noticed about the COs and especially their wives is they dress to the nines.

The wives always seem to have the newest and best in the way of dresses, shoes, jewelry, handbags. I always

wondered how they could afford to look like they just stepped out of Nieman Marcus. (I'm speaking from my

experiences only. Perhaps in other parts of the country/world, this was not the case.)

• snowbird
    snowbird

From The Message Bible:

2 Thessalonians 3: 10 -13 Don't you remember the rule we had when we lived with you? "If you don't work, you don't eat." And now we're getting reports that a bunch of lazy good-for-nothings are taking advantage of you. This must not be tolerated. We command them to get to work immediately—no excuses, no arguments—and earn their own keep. Friends, don't slack off in doing your duty.

14 -15 If anyone refuses to obey our clear command written in this letter, don't let him get by with it. Point out such a person and refuse to subsidize his freeloading. Maybe then he'll think twice. But don't treat him as an enemy. Sit him down and talk about the problem as someone who cares.

The Apostle Paul kicked butts, didn't he? At the same time, you can sense his deep concern for all.

Sylvia

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Most of them love the attention they get, some are really nice people others are terrible...my wife got in trouble for talking about reading Lord of the Rings in front of C.O's wife....the C.O came over and literally snooped around our bookshelves to see if he could find it. {It was under the bed}

• chickpea
    chickpea

we had a "get-together" at our home with several families and the CO and his wife...

i SWEAR she told this joke to the sisters, and if i am remembering correctly, she dismissed the men so she could!!!

woman is at dr office with very ill husband... dr calls her aside and says in order for the man to survive she has to cook, clean and cater to him including sex twice a day

when the man asked the wife what the dr had said...... she replies: he said you are going to die

• snowbird
    snowbird

Once again, bttt.

Sylvia

• dannyboy
    dannyboy

Like Min says, they lead/have led a pretty cushy life. With the phaseout of the CO's (as reported here) coming along, most will get a rude awakening of what REAL LIFE is all about. ---Dan

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

The wives always seem to have the newest and best in the way of dresses, shoes, jewelry, handbags. I always

wondered how they could afford to look like they just stepped out of Nieman Marcus

I knew of several "sisters" in our congregation that would take the wives out to do some major shopping!!

And not at wal-mart, either!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit