Circuit & District Overseers are lazy, busybodies, and shouldn't eat!

by lawrence 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

glad to see this one resurrected...

WTWizard:

working (if you call promoting a scam "work") in the misery all day, every day

do they really go out in the misery "all day every day"? I dont think so. Lets analyze the CO/CO wife "misery" schedule, especially after they had recent adjustments to it.

The CO and his wife do not go out on Monday or Tuesday. Wednesday-Friday they work from 930-noon....but the last couple years I was still in.... I had noticed that eroding....a late start gets them in the ministry at 945...and often they would get back to the KH at 1145 so they could go out to eat. Usually there is a coffee break in that 2.5 hour time span..depending on the CO....15 min to an hour. So at most in the morning...it is 2.5 hours per day....usually less....2 hours. The CO and his wife usually dont meet back up at the KH until 115..... and dont get started in the misery until 130 at the earliest and are done by 330....so another 2 hours per day.... . Saturday morning.... same schedule in the morning... usually longer coffee breaks...but at most 2.5 hours.... they no longer go out in the afternoon on Saturday.....do they even go out on Sunday anymore? If they do, its 1 hour max......

so at most: 3 days @ 5 hours a day and 1 day @ 2.5 hours and 1 day @ 1 hour = 18.5 hours..if they MAX out that schedule... If they dont stick to it..and dont fudge the numbers, how the hell do they make their pioneer requirements? And as I said..this is max.

Look at something else for the CO.... how many times, especially you elders and former elders...did the CO... instead of going in the misery, asked to go on a so-called "shepherding call" with you...most of the time social visits with the elderly... (which I think is the only useful thing about their visits..because the elders often neglected the elderly otherwise).... so maybe a token hour in the morning in the misery first...and how much of that hour was spent s l o w l y walking between doors as CO and elder discussed "congregation business" (aka "gossip")? The CO wife was a bit more on the hook for actual door to door, but if lucky, could latch on to RVs and/or magazine routes in the morning........ but in the afternoon...it wasnt door to door...it was going on established "Bible" Literature Studies...even if the CO or his wife took the lead and conducted..how hard could that have been? Go over the same damn books over and over..they could do it in their sleep. (I once worked with an older CO who often fell asleep during studies or let us go to a door while he caught a quick nap {rested his eyes, he said})

So no...I dont envy those COs and especially their wives..... they sacrifice too much of "real" life to go trotting around a circuit putting dealing with backbiting idiots......CO wife hearing the same lame talks, the same bad CO jokes..the same bad illustrations...but you know what? the CO and his wife have to agree SEPARATELY to going into the "work." They are interviewed together and seperately before going into sub work then regular CO work... I just dont think they truly know what they are in for...especially the wives... that is why the Borg has "work with" weeks every year....it is not a "work with" week with the congregation as many think......it is to work with the CO and his wife..basically checking up on them to make sure all is still good in their "work" (meaning...... a CO wife can put the brakes on her CO husband at anytime if she tires of the life on the road..you can be certain that those apartments sprouting up are not for the benefit of the CO...it is for the benefit of the CO's wife. ...to provide some sort of "home"...or you would see COs leaving more than they do now...if it was just the men out on the road...they would be told to bunk wherever...)

..as to those who are past retirement age...esp those who were pioneers, then Bethel or Gilead...then CO work..they have never worked or put an end to careers that paid their retirement/social security...if they ever want to get out of the CO "work"...or heaven forbid have doubts and want to leave the Borg altogether....there is no retirement plan ..no pension from the Society.... only if they are still considered part of the "Order of Full Time Ministers" do they continue to get a tiny stipend, apartment, assistance from a local congregation, etc....

so maybe some of them are lazy busybodies...but theirlife sucks a lot more than mine...and to think...I WANTED TO BE A CO AT ONE TIME ..... thankfully that didnt happen .

Thanks for letting me rant.... LOL

Snakes (

• snowbird
    snowbird

glad to see this one resurrected...

Glad to be of service ...

Thanks for letting me rant.... LOL

Snakes (

And what a telling rant that was! Thanks for the inside info, Snakes. Who would have known?

Sylvia

• SnakesInTheTower
  • The Oracle
    The Oracle

Yup CO's and DO's do have it fairly good.

Having a true day off (Monday) and most of Tuesday is pretty great.

Most unfortunate elders never have a true day off. They work Monday to Friday, then service on Saturday, then the meeting and possibly more service on Sunday.

The whole thing is nuts anyway, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

Cheers,

The Oracle

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

With the phaseout of the CO's (as reported here) coming along, most will get a rude awakening of what REAL LIFE is all about. ---Dan

So who the heck started THAT rumor???????????? TWO YEARS and our CO is coming next month. No phaseout in site.

I knew of several "sisters" in our congregation that would take the wives out to do some major shopping!!

And not at wal-mart, either!

Helping hubby to get appointed OR get assembly/convention part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit