Days that Go From Bad to Downright Embarassing

by Crumpet 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

So far this Monday has been one nightmare after another.

It began with discovering that overnight my computer has wiped my harddrive - everything gone - photos, msn conversations, university assignments, diaries, letters, work docs, movies, videos, unmentionables. I feel like I have been erased! Why - I have no idea?

I raced to get my train to work only to discover it was cancelled and had to wait 40 minutes for the next one making me late for work so now I have to miss lunch and have to postpone an urgent appointment with my bank.

Then to top it all I found a large pokey bit of metal digging in my chin. The underwire from my bra was trying to slash an atery and put an end to this misery. Nice!

What next!

Anyone else have days where one thing after another just goes tits up? How do you cope?

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Take a deep breath. Laugh!! Start again.

Hope your day improves.

xxx

Mrs Smith

• fifi40
    fifi40

Yep I had one of those days last week as previously mentioned in a thread...............when I nearly took out the Sainsburys pay kiosk at the petrol station...........after I failed to put the handbrake on and had locked the car..........the car was rolling forward and I was standing there with pump in hand.

As for embarrasing underwear stories..............I remember being at Dudley assembly hall once during the lunch break when my tights and nickers decided to head south with alarming speed..........I was only a kid and whether I was wearing to large a pair I am not really sure........I just remember the horrific embarrassment I felt as I tried to shuffle to somewhere private so I could hoist them back up without anyone noticing the nylon and cotton undies around my ankles.

Another 'fond' memory I have is of a friend at an open air concert, who was rather worse for wear, coming back from the loo's with a trail of loo roll following her. She had managed to get it tucked into her jeans as she was pulling them up and due to her slightly drunken state had not noticed.............

Fi

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

that happened to my computer..

and yeah it does feel like your life has been erased.

but all is not lost..it should have a backup setting that will get it all back.it did with mine..just went into a folder called my old disk structure.

hope it has for you..having to redo a bunch of college/uni work is not pretty.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Thanks Tij - I will have a look and see if I can find that file. It was horrendous this morning seeing everything just vanished! Luckily I do have copies of my uni stuff with my tutor. But if this had happened last week right in the mid of assignment it would have been much worse.

Fifi - why did our mums make us wear tights that had crotches around the knees at all! I remember Dudley well - lots of chocolate eclairs!

Mrs Smith - I have to laugh really - and not dwell overly much on how many people saw the wire poking out of my blouse and failed to mention it. Or then I will get really mad!

• free2think
    free2think

Crumpet I'm sorry you're having the day from hell. Take lots of deep breathes and get yourself a nice bar of chocolate, that always helps me.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Afternoon Crumpet

Then to top it all I found a large pokey bit of metal digging in my chin. The underwire from my bra was trying to slash an atery and put an end to this misery.

The amount of bras this happens to. I'm ashamed to admit, I usually stitch the wire back in (using any colour cotton that's at hand) and try and make them last...

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

. . . trying to work out the distance from bra to chin . . .

either very small distance or very big bra . . .

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

. . trying to work out the distance from bra to chin . . .

either very small distance or very big bra . . .

Out of the gutter you! Didnt think very large chin though did ya!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I had a week like that.

Week ago Saturday I was pulling a trailer out of a door [I am a yard jockey, moving semi-trailers], and it was not well hooked. It fell, crushing the landing gear, and fuel tank [a refrigerated unit].

I have by estimate, moved in the area of 100,000 trailers at this job in five years. I have never so much as scratched a trailer in all that. Then this. I am very carefull, and I did not just get careless. Something went amiss, and I could not prove what it was. Anyway, here comes the management team, takes me to the hospital and has me wiz in the cup. Then I can't work Sunday due to revocation of my company driving privilages till the drug screen clears. I was told to report to work at the the start of the week [Friday for me], and that I would be given a mandatory 1 day suspension with pay, and return to work on Saturday.

I showed on Friday, at regular starting time, 2:30 AM, and was told to go ahead and go to work, that my suspension day would be Saturday. They were busy and it was more convienient to inconvienience me. I was not dressed for work, had not brought my lunch, etc. So I worked Friday, then had Saturday suspended. Back to work on Sunday.

I no more than began working and was called into the office. My licence was revoked [again], and I was told that policy required that I get recertified and tested. So I spent the next 6 hours watching videos, taking tests, and then doing a test drive in the yard tractor and even some inside material handling equip, and fillng out paperwork that would have made a home mortage closing seem simple.

I dread to think what might have happened to a 'bad employee'. This one had an absolutely spottless record till last week - followed by a full week of bullshit intended to make me feel inadequate and guilty. Mission accomplished I suppose. I am in fear every time I hook up to a trailer now - fear that I will have a repeat that will this time cost me my job.

Yep - a bad day indeed.

Jeff

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit