Aviator pictures and usernames- Where and why did you choose yours?

by winnie 37 Replies latest jw friends

• winnie
    winnie

Just curious. Are some of them a personal photo? Ones that are not, why did you choose them?

Why did you choose the username you have?

Mine is the name of our family pet that died recently.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

There are a number of Web sites that have avatars free for the taking. You download the pictures into your computer, and then upload them onto the forum. That's how I found mine.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Mine is me playing bass guitar with my band.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Aviator?" Love it!

my pic is from the film of course, laboriously filched and cropped in a basic picture programme that came with the computer. BluesBrother because I love the music, and it is a play on the Witness greeting.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

My avatar is a pic of Harpo Marx, who I think bears a resemblance to the
    now late Carey Barber, though only facially, Harpo was a lot more fun. I'm
    a Marx Brothers fan as well.

I chose my username as I both write and read poetry, and my favourite poet
    is T S Eliot, who is a dead poet.

• BrentR
    BrentR

I make custom knives as a hobby business. The knife in my avatar is my symbolic severing completely from the JW's. I am now a "cut above them".

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Mine is a from a nickname that I had in undergrad that I added "Mad" to
    as in Mad Monk (Rasputin).

The avatar is a logo of MadTiger Entertainment, a subsidiary of my consulting corporation, 3rd Millennium Incorporated. "Your Future - Our Solutions" is the motto.

• jgnat
    jgnat

My avatar is me, I had JH jazz it up with a bit of color.

I've used j-gnat for a long while, a play on my name. I'd read many years ago of the "Gnat of Athens", Plato, and his way of buzzing around the heads of the conceited. I like the imagery. Seemingly insignificant questions summing up to profound thought.

• Gregor
    Gregor

This is a picture of a pitcher of poison punch. It is waving good bye to me as I leave the commune of cyanide sippers known as Jay Hoovers Widnezzes.

The name, Gregor, I found on my drivers license.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Picture is from Kids Art Auction in San Francisco,

My name is used in Russian/Bashkir for Magician or Conjuror, when I worked in an Ufa, Bashkiria refinery some years ago, the locals painted 'fokyc' on my hard hat.

There you go.

fokyc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit