Aviator pictures and usernames- Where and why did you choose yours?

by winnie 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Here's a good site for images:

http://thefairest.info/

A better (and much bigger) site is found here:

http://pro.corbis.com/

The only catch with corbis is there are watermarks, but if you register (it's free) then the watermarks are gone.

My avatar is myself at age 18-24 months (somewhere in there).

Chris

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Mine usually is me (thought sometimes I use other avatars that aren't) baby pictures or more recent ones pictures, I change it when i feel I need a change.
    My username is because people think I hate and distrust everyone (someone close to me always called me a misanthrope, it just caught on) but really that's not the case, although I have my days.

• DJK
    DJK

My avatar is Cloud Strife and Tifa from the Advent Children anime movie and video game. In Final Fantasy VII, Cloud fights the forces of Jenovah. He saves the planet from a disease called the stigma. Something like a depressive disorder. He is killed and then he is resurrected by a woman.

After watching the movie, I thought the writer or creater of the movie was in some way affiliated with the JWs. I did a search for the writer and found most info available is in Japanese. I'll never know if there is a connection.

The letters DJK are my initials, first is last. Simple, I try to be simple and sometimes it just doesn't work well.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    My avatar is Cloud Strife and Tifa from the Advent Children anime movie and video game.

I thought so, I'd seen Ip Sec use that on another forum before. I was going to ask you before if that's what that was :-)

• Fatfreek
    Fatfreek

My picture is of me, though a few years ago.

Being a cardiac patient since 1990, those early days were times of religiously avoiding foods with high fat content (I now subscribe to Meditteranean style eating -- the right fats and in reasonable amounts). One co-worker jokingly called me a fat freak. Since then, I've been using that fractured handle (though intentionally mis-spelled for uniqueness) in all user groups so I can refer back to posts made by me (and to me) by using Google. That works real good except for JWD, where Google does not find well at all.

For that reason I recently began to sign off with my real name as I've never had anything to hide. When and if my shunning sons (and my grandchildren) find my posts if and when they lurk, I want them, too, to know I have nothing to hide and am proud of what I post here -- or anywhere.

Len Miller

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

SirNose586--Chosen because I am a big fan of Parliament-Funkadelic, and Sir Nose d'Voidoffunk is a cartoon villain born in their album "Funkentelechy vs. The Placebo Syndrome." Sir Nose is too cool to dance and get funky, until he is shot by the Bop Gun and learns to get down.

The 586 part comes from one of two possible years for the destruction of Jerusalem, that one or 587. I originally registered as SirNose587 but forgot to refresh the page before I finished registering. I screwed up, so I went and did it right as SirNose586.

The avatar can be found by googling "spartan helmet." I like history, and that's how I started on my mental journey out of the Tower. Plus I liked "300," so this is a tribute to that movie.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Snowbird is one of my childhood nicknames. My nine-year old granddaughter found the picture in her folder and I liked it so ... there it is.

Snowbird

• Purza
    Purza

Purza is my cat's name. (Short for Purz-a-lot) My avatar pictures change now and then as I foster kittens for a local shelter. The ones in the picture now are from my second foster litter (I am on litter #6) and have been doing this for about 1.5 years.

Purza

• wings
    wings

When I was perusing this site a few weeks ago, I wanted to read some articles I couldn't access without 'registering as a member'. So, I had to pick a name...couldn't thing of anything except wanting to fly away....so.... wings. The picture is of my granddaughter, because I tried WAY TO HARD to find something....more meaningful, so I just gave up. I think she is the cutest thing on the planet, and she inspires me.

Someday soon I might change both. I'll let you know of course. Just under a rock right now, hard to be creative.

Your creativity inspires me, some of you are just too cool for school. I don't have a cool bone in my body. Truth be told.

wings

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

My current avatar is in honor of Kim Clijsters, who is retiring this year.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit