Medical Testing

by Sunspot 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I went to the Lab last week for standard tests I have every three months before my scheduled doctor's visit. My appointment was this past Tuesday and my Doc said there were "some concerns" with my test results. Needless to say, it didn't sound good, and it has not even been a year (June) since I had that throat operation (cancerous parathyroid) where I was on a respirator for a week....(I started to bleed under the closed incision and stopped breathing in the recovery room)..

but he had the office receptionist make an appointment for me and when they said "for May 30th" he said no, he wanted me in ASAP to "nip any more problems in the bud". They called yesterday afternoon to tell me I go in this afternoon at 1:00 PM.....and I have no idea what to expect, or what is going on. I haven't even told my kids yet---I don't know what to say. (The ones that are speaking to me called on Mother's Day.....)

Anyway....I am getting very anxious.....and very scared.

Just need to share....

hugs,

Annie

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

(((Annie)))

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, I hope everything goes ok and if there is a problem that they can fix it quickly.

Take care

emo

• DJK
    DJK

With frequent visits to the doctor I'm sure everything is being caught before they get out of control. So don't worry, that will make you ill by itself. Good luck.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Oh Sunspot I know how you feel! Tuesday I went to the colorectal surgeon on Tuesday (my GP sent me). I wasn't too worried because the hemorrhoids haven't been bothering me.

Except that he says I have to have a colonoscopy, surgery and a biopsy of a mass he found (in addition to removing the hemorrhoids). I go in on May 30. I seriously considered not telling my parents...if it had been only a few days I would but I couldn't see myself keeping my mouth shut that long.

Somebody should tell doctors that sitting next to you patting your knee while looking intensely at you for signs of hysteria when they're telling you that you might possibly have cancer is NOT helpful.

The worst part so far is having to tell people *what part of my anatomy* the surgery is going to be on.

So you have my sympathy! Please let us know when you get back.

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

(((((Annie)))) Hoping the best for you, please keep us informed as to what they tell you. Love, Zazu

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

(((Annie))) Please come back and tell us you're okay! I am so sorry you went through that before with the throat surgery! How awful for you to have so much worry! Be well, sweety, and you are a sweety!

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thank you Sad Emo, DJK, Asleif D, Zazu W, and Madame Q for your sweet concerns and replies. I got home early last night but was too tired to come online and post (plus the final episode of "Grey's Anatomy" and another episode of "Lost"was on last night and I was trying very hard to keep awake even for THOSE!) I appreciated seeing all your comments when I logged on this morning.

Asleif---my thoughts and prayers go out to you on your predicament.....it does help to have a good sense of humor if you can, and apparently you have already mastered that!

I don't know much more than when I went in yesterday, except that the lady who gave me the sonogram on my bladder and kidneys, as I was getting situated on the table, asked if I was having trouble or could not urinate. This made me laugh because (sorry for too much information overload here) I am up two or three times a night for this very purpose! No trouble at ALL---just very pesky is all!

So that was the end of that and I won't know until the Dr's office calls back to schedule me for another appointment to go over the results of the sonograms. We are in the midst of remodeling/redecorating the kitchen and dining room and everything is in boxes from those two rooms(along with paint cans, brick panelling, drop cloths, brushes, rollers, etc, etc)...and in the living room and spare room where I keep my craft stuff, paints and yarn. I can barely move around in THERE when things are "normal"....and it is a regular ZOO around here right now.

It is especially tough to stop---have to get ready to go into town---and take the TIME away from what we are doing HERE---to go and sit around in waiting rooms--THERE...ya know? (I still have paint on my hands that WILL not wash off!!) But I hate to stop doing something (like this) and HAVE TO drop everything to focus on something else. When I am immersed in a project....it is hard for me to apply myself to much of anything else until one "thing" is accomplished. (MAJOR character flaw, I admit)

We did spot a "new" second-hand shop on the way home from the city I had to have the testing done in.....and I picked up a few things that made me smile. I got a good-sized bag of "stuff" for six dollars though. He had some of the usual junk....and he had some really neat stuff! I guess its all in the eye of the beholder, right?

So, anyway we are still waiting for something "ordered" to come through so the entire front outside of the house can (finally) be finished (LONG story) and trying to get the inside done before it gets too hot and humid.....and now waiting for the test results....ooooh....and ALL this from a person who doesn't "wait" very well to begin with........

You can SEE why I had so much trouble with the "waiting on Jehovah to fix things" and the "waiting for the New Order" that was just around the corner for over thirty years.....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks again for your thoughts my friends...

hugs,

Annie

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Annie - I hope the test results come back ok. waiting for results is more frustrating than having the tests sometimes

Asleif - I hope your surgery goes well too and that it's not cancer - but if it is, hopefully they've found it early enough to clear it all.

Keep us informed both of you.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Annie - I hope the test results come back ok. waiting for results is more frustrating than having the tests sometimes

Oh boy ain't THAT the truth! I thought I would lose what was left of my MIND when I had to wait two weeks for the biopsy results a couple of years ago. I had to keep reminding myself to breathe whenever the thought passed through my mind 100 times a day. They NEVER show this on TV shows like ER or those where people come in with a mystery ailment, are tested, diagnosed and treated all within an hour LOL! I am trying NOT to think about this....but I must admit it...I am scared.

Thanks for the good thoughts....you're a sweetie!

hugs,

Annie

• rebel8
    rebel8

((( )))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit