Medical Testing

by Sunspot 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Thanks for the hugs, Rebel8....I seem to have missed that earlier!

I saw the doctor after more tests yesterday....and he says (are you ready for THIS?) the sonograms taken a couple of weeks ago, showed NO cancer and NO masses or suspicious tumors which made me let out a BIG sigh of relief----BUT----he was concerned because he said my kidneys are shrinking!

I have never heard of such a thing...and he says it happens often---but usually with those who have uncontrolled diabetes. This does not apply to ME because we have gotten THAT under control and well under the "scary" zone when tested. He can't understand what is going on with me....and we are still working on the thyroid meds to balance THEM out so I don't feel so ultra-super dragged out all the time! (But that has nothing to do with the kidneys)

They tried to call for an appointment for me with the nephrology dept down in Syracuse, but they are booked up solid for MONTHS in advance....so for the time being, I am NOT going to worry about this until the time comes.

My kidneys are shrinking.....too bad it wasn't my hips!

Hugs to all,

Annie

• juni
    juni

Good evening Annie,

I don't know how I missed this thread! That is odd, but it sounds like he's not too concerned. Probably some freaky thing they have no answer for, you know? I can appreciate the hip thing though! LOL

Take care of yourself. And that is great news about the cancer!

Love with hugs, Juni

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Hi Annie

Well - it's good news it isn't cancer at least! Not quite sure what to make of shrinking kidneys though

I wonder if it might be related to the thyroid meds - not totally unrelated but sorry it's about cats lol - my first cat was on thyroid meds and they constantly monitored how her kidney function was doing - the vet said that the meds could affect it. She had a blood test every month, poor thang!

As you say - if they aren't rushing, maybe its nothing too much to worry about, as long as they keep an eye onyou in the meantime.

Take good care of yourself

emo

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hello Juni and Sad Emo....and thanks for your love and kind words. You, and your thoughts mean a lot to me.

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit