my "father" decided to send me an email!

by theinfamousone 44 Replies latest jw experiences

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Aw man. So sorry, I understand. Remember that, in their minds, none of them has ever done a bad thing, ever. It's not normal thinking that they have, but it sure can kick the crap out of you.

Dude!

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

Oh yeah, I finally blocked my parents' email address. That's a help.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone
    abuse creates habits in the abused that are self-destructive and hard to break. I was an appeaser and a peace keeper -- still am to some extent -- in order to try to guess what everyone else wanted so I would not be beaten or verbally abused.

oh man, im sorry you feel that way... i read your post about not feeling worthy... well i hope you are not struggling through that anymore... one thing i learned once i moved out was that the best way to get back at this A hole was to do the absolute best.... im young, but i definitely refuse to be a failure in life... and i hope to well anything, that you dont still consider yourself one... the only way that can be true is if you let it... so please, dont allow yourself to be a failure... and feel free to PM me, at least someone who kinda knows the situation is here to listen....

thanks for all your feedback guys., i truly appreciate it

the infamous one

• why???
    why???

Im really sorry about ur bastard dad. My dad beat my brother alot never really hit me or my sister ..but messed up my brother and then they wonder why hes not "strong in the truth"..hes see's the hypocracy of my dad who likes to act like nothing happened...my dad did get extremly abused by his dad but JW is supposed to change that put on a "new personality" anyway im glad your alive and happy now

• Swan
    Swan

Dear Infamous,

This email was very self centered. It was all about him. "Why are you doing this to me?" It's all from his perspective. "I tried so hard!" It assumes the moral highground. "I did everything right and look how you treat me!"

Sounds like your Dad is someone who never grew up. He's like a spoiled little brat who wants you to make up and play nice on the playground... so he can then borrow your bat and beat up on you up again!

I have a favorite response for emails like these. You can use it if you wish. "I'm sorry, but I think you've confused me with someone who gives a damn."

It also works with telemarketers.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit