Athiests

by BR25 64 Replies latest jw friends

• BR25
    BR25

Sorry if I that is the wrong spelling. I just want to say that I used to be judgemental of athiests, but as a jw backer everyone on here finds nothing but wrong doing with the orginizations. Well I am sure I can find wrong doing with other churches and their teachings as well. It is pretty easy actually from all the discussions I have with people of other religions. So if there is nothing great about the jw faith and other religions teachings are false as well I guess I would have to conclude that the athiests are the smartest ones on here.

• Sirona
    Sirona

Interesting viewpoint. However, one doesn't have to either be atheist or Jw. There are other options you know. Check out www.religioustolerance.org

Oh and another useful resource is www.dictionary.com

Sirona

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Interesting conclusion!

GBL

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    So if there is nothing great about the jw faith and other religions teachings are false as well I guess I would have to conclude that the athiests are the smartest ones on here.

I would completely agree with you but there are some lovely and smart believers in something outside ourselves on here so lets just say we atheists dont have the monopoly on smartness!

(see - look I have become more mellow - wonder how long that will last - hopefully it will outlast the jet lag)

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

Sorry if I that is the wrong spelling. I just want to say that I used to be judgemental of athiests, but as a jw backer everyone on here finds nothing but wrong doing with the orginizations. Well I am sure I can find wrong doing with other churches and their teachings as well. It is pretty easy actually from all the discussions I have with people of other religions. So if there is nothing great about the jw faith and other religions teachings are false as well I guess I would have to conclude that the athiests are the smartest ones on here.

I think religion makes some people act really kooky. Thats what I conclude.

• BR25
    BR25

Let me clean that up real quick I know everyone is smart on here I was using the athiests are the smatest ones on here for more of driving the point across.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    I guess I would have to conclude that the athiests are the smartest ones on here.

And the humblest! Don't forget our humility!

;-)

Dave

• DJK
    DJK

I'm an Atheist, it doesn't mean I'm smart, it means my thinking is different.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

I would say the most balanced award goes to Agnostics. I've seen some atheists go on some pretty impressive tirades trying to disprove a diety. However, I've never encountered an agnostic intent on converting others to Agnosticism.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Excellent conclusion.

Another uber-smart, awesome but humble atheist!
    S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit