What is the best thing you have done since leaving the truth?

by mtsgrad 36 Replies latest jw friends

• mtsgrad
    mtsgrad

As a fader I felt delighted at clinking glasses at a pub. It may seem trivial but it meant a lot to me.

What is the best thing you have done since leaving the truth?

mtsgrad

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

I've started to truly live......in the moment........savoring it.

Being a JW was like being on auto-pilot, planning to start living in some distant, future Paradise. I some ways, that's worse than death.....being alive without really living.

Congratulations to you bro! I'd love to clink glasses at a pub with you, mtsgrad.

Nvr

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

saying cheers and clinking glasses feels great!

I dont feel like such a stuck up moron anymore, it's awesome to feel like I'm part of the human race

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I've started to truly live......in the moment........savoring it.

Nvr - yes I think I am starting to get the hang of that instead which feels fantastic.

Best thing I have done since leaving the borg is learn the truth and begin to adapt my life to the new knowledge, planning a future and making friends. Going to Dallas is way up there!

• sweet pea
    sweet pea

So far, throwing a birthday party for my son!! and going to his little mates parties as well - what lovely worldly friends we are making! :-)

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    Best thing I have done since leaving the borg is learn the truth

How ironic, right Crumpet?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I went skiing at Whistler, It really didnt have anything to do with leaving the troof but thats the best thing I've done.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

I Had my first birthday party. It was my 40Th. Loved it! I had friends that wanted that one day to be special to me. They even sang 'Happy Birthday' That was the coolest thing. It was partly surreal, as if my Presliding Oversteer father was about to walk in.

That and saying 'Bless you' when someone sneezes. LOL I still chuckle when I do that.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

Got married to a non-believer. If I got married to a witness I think I'd be insane now LOL. The first thing I did was dress up for Halloween and handed out candy.

• fifi40
    fifi40

There are quite a few, some mentionable in this section......................but christmas has grown on me big time..........every year I get more into it.

Fifi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit