What is the best thing you have done since leaving the truth?

by mtsgrad 36 Replies latest jw friends

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog

I think the best thing that affected me most about leaving was seeing my son playing baseball and having fun at it. Knowing that when my daughter says "cheer...me...big"...she can be a cheerleader when she's older. My kids are my life and when I see them doing normal kid things, I have to sigh in relief that they don't have to go through a controlled life. They can be kids.

• Anne Marie
    Anne Marie

Hey, Open Mind!! Congradulations on getting in touch with your brother!! My own brother's...one an elder, and the other, a pioneer, both, after almost twenty years of "shunning" me, have made sure to let me know that they love me very much...though they have had to do this on "the sly."

Open Mind, you go and do whatever you feel you need to do, and you go and say whatever you want to say!! The wonderful thing about not having your life...everything about "your" life...dictated to you by the "almighty BORG," is that you find that it really is OKAY to use the brain that God gave you; that it's okay to be YOU!! Sweet, obnoxious, and WONDERFUL YOU!! You GO!! Darlin'!!

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

The best thing I have done was to continue my education. It was during this time that I realized that I no longer needed the acceptance or approval of others; that I had worth beyond the amount of hours I was able to put in knocking on doors.

• done4good
    done4good

Learned to stop caring about what other people think!

j

• ninja
    ninja

burning the kingdom hall down.......I'm kidding....I didn't burn it down...I blew it up....kidding.....I flooded it

• PEC
    PEC

ninja, you stole my line "burning the kingdom hall down", now I have nothing to say.

Philip

• ninja
    ninja

soz phil.....you can say you helped me...I need an alibi......he he

• aarque
    aarque

Earned my BA in June 2001

Retired from my full-time job after 30 years in July 2001

Moved to northern NY in July 2001

Married a terrific guy I met on the Internet (in a chatroom) in August 2001

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I have opened the door for my children to live their lives to the fullest and pursue the things that make them happy! Sports, Dancing, Honor Society, Engineering Club, Chess Club, school dances!...things like watching my daughter get a bouquet of flowers after a dance recital and seeing my little guy get a trophy from his basketball team and hearing coaches fight over who will get my oldest on their volleyball team and seeing him dressed to the NINES for prom and being up for Homecoming King....and the list goes on and on and on!!

Oh and then there is Christmas...which I believe I did for myself...and I just organized and hosted my baby girl's sweet 16 party and it was one of the most joyful occasions of my...and I hope her...life!

TinyPic - Share The Experience!™

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I had six 6g hooks pierced into my back, and all 320 lbs of me was lifted into the air by them.

I watched the world spin without me on it, and I realized my place in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit