Just venting- email about cleaning the hall this week

by OnTheWayOut 20 Replies latest jw friends

• wings
    wings

I remember being called up for a talk after being inactive for two years. What are they thinking!!!!

Seems obvious that the "society" teaches loyality through duty, obligation, guilt, and lets not forget FEAR. So this is just a trigger. The loving brother that had this oversite (or not) was just doing the loving thing by reminding you of your duty. After all it might spark you into right behavior.

They still send me the KM.

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

If you can bear it, go do the hall cleaning and leave little 'apostate' notes and JWD links in places like under the chairs, behind curtains and in the bathroom. Slip them randomly into the bound volumes in the library. Use your imagination and have fun!

Cleaning the toilets at the hall is a privilege, not a right. As such, the congregation should thank you for your generosity in depriving yourself of this privilege solely for the sake of some lucky JW who will enjoy all the pleasure one can derive from cleansing the toilets of god's earthly organization.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Tell him to quit playing on the computer. Jehobers dont believe in puters.

• merfi
    merfi

Make up a bounced email reply. You know, that "mailer-demon" whatever that is that you get when you send an email to a dead addy.... And send it to him. He'll think your email address is gone and maybe won't bug you again..

• loosie
    loosie

Don' t forget to wear your dress clothes

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    Ray Franz said (something to the effect) that these men become Spiritual Taskmasters
    instead of Spiritual Shepherds. So true. Your thoughts????

Yup! very true, Ignore it, or show up to clean the hall in a KissT shirt....or something to that effect...

• loosie
    loosie

Get a custom shirt that reads

"tell me again how happy I am to be one of jehovah's witnesses!?!?!"

Wear that to hall cleaning!!!

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Ignore it. Wait and see if there is a follow up email thanking you for your support. I believe that the email is a formal one off the list and nothing personal. He is just doing his job.

I use to get angry when many did not show up to clean the hall on saturday at 1 pm.

Also, snow removal was the worse time. very few showed up for that detail.

Blueblades

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Nip along there with a bag of frozen prawns and slip them in the curtain hems - it's nearly Summer, go on, treat yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit