Just venting- email about cleaning the hall this week

by OnTheWayOut 20 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

So I have never attended the bookstudy that they reassigned me to around January.
    I stopped attending bookstudy altogether then. I stopped attending any meetings
    after the Memorial (which I attended out of town- not at home). I am really pleasantly
    surprised that I have heard absolutely nothing from the elders since before the memorial.

I heard others inviting me to the bookstudy, clearly put up to it by the Book Study
    Overseer, and then finally he invited me, himself. But that was back in March.

The secretary is very thorough (in his indoctrination, loyalty, and in being secretary).
    He sends this email to everyone on the bookstudy list that reminds us that we have
    the responsibility to clean the hall this week. Technically, I am totally inactive and should
    not be on the bookstudy list. Certainly, it is improper to tell someone that they have
    the responsibility to clean a hall that they don't set foot in. I know, I was on the list and
    he never removed my name. My wife got her own email, so it's not to inform her.

NOW- what to do? I don't want to antagonize him about my not coming to the hall.
    (Feel free to suggest antagonizing responses, but I won't do it.)
    I don't want to bother with him at all. I just got ticked off when I read this.
    Ray Franz said (something to the effect) that these men become Spiritual Taskmasters
    instead of Spiritual Shepherds. So true. Your thoughts????

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

as they say in the old testament :

"BLOCK AND DELETE"

problem solved!

the infamous one

• greendawn
    greendawn

I don't know why you are stressing out on this, you are not the watchtower's slave so just find an excuse that you can't go, until next time. That will solve the problem of contributing to an org that you have rejected.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

"BLOCK AND DELETE"

problem solved!

Yeah, but while this email got me ticked off, others are good to know.
    He forgot to take me off the elders email back in September and I learned
    what was going on with the CO visit. (It was mundane, nothing worth bothering
    to report to you all, but still good for me to know the schedule).

He sends out some reminders on what's happening at the hall, and in general,
    it adds up to nothing. But still, why remove him. Maybe I will know stuff that
    is going on with the wife's congregation meetings.

I was thinking of replying with "Okay." That's it.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    so just find an excuse that you can't go

OH, I am not going. I am not making an excuse. I never go, now.
    Wonderful freedom.

• free2think
    free2think

That's very cheeky of him!

You could send a reply that says' Thanks so much for your email but I don't think I can come as I am trying to stay spiritually strong.'

• twinflame2
    twinflame2

Just another example of someone going through the motions without much thought. Probably just a group list with no thought of who is on it. I'd just delete it and be done. If it was a targeted email just for you, then it might merit a response.

• twinflame2
    twinflame2

My first double post. Sorry

• Mary
    Mary

Email him back and tell him you'd love to help, but you'll be busy building an alter to Ba'al this weekend and you just don't have the time.

• juni
    juni

It would be a cold day in hell before I'd give them my personal e addy. So they don't even make personal calls anymore? Yeah.....don't sweat it. Tell them you have dishpan hands, a bad back and hemorroids and you can't do such work. That about covers it......

Yikes!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit