Curious about what ExJW's Preach and Teach

by BEROEAN 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    The lost will go to a brimstone burning hell.

....Otherwise known as Detroit.

HS

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

So am I getting this right that most of you just want to do whatever YOU want to do and make up your personal rules as you go along?

And if so, at what point do you tell another person what to do?......Say, your neighbor likes having sex with animals....do you intervene? What if your neighbor loved veal and kept baby calves in his basement? The blood-curdling cries at night sending shivers up your spine. What if you found out your neighbor and his "son" were members of NAMBLA? Would you report them?

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    I've noticed many of you that have your own ministry. I'm curious as to what doctrines you teach. Is it "Jesus is Love." and that's it or does it go deeper? If you could, please post your basic beliefs concerning these topics:

I worship at the cage of the Great Bird God ROCCO!

Here's a picture of me inclining my ear to his instruction:

Each day I sacrifice food and toys to him as well as render sacred service in the form of tummy rubs.

W

• Who are you?
    Who are you?

So am I getting this right that most of you just want to do whatever YOU want to do and make up your personal rules as you go along?

As opposed to turning their life and money over to a group of confirmed liars posing as God's channel?

And if so, at what point do you tell another person what to do?......Say, your neighbor likes having sex with animals....do you intervene? What if your neighbor loved veal and kept baby calves in his basement? The blood-curdling cries at night sending shivers up your spine.

Most of us live in civilization. How could you even come up with that nuttiness?

What if you found out your neighbor and his "son" were members of NAMBLA? Would you report them?

It is the mission of everyone on this board to report pedophiles, especially ones within the WTS. Know of any? Maybe ones that have been relocated to a different congregation?

• greendawn
    greendawn

The ex JWs are not an organised whole with a specific set of ideas that uniquely pertain to them. Their only truly common ground seems to be their hostility towards the WTS but some in fact organsed anti WTS policies on specific issues such as child abuse (silent lambs) and the blood policy two of the worst problems in the JW land.

Many ex JWs joined already existing religious groups, mostly christian, but my impression is that most become atheists or agnostic or at least anti religion, not surprising given their negative experience with the WTS. As said above they never organised something of their own.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

And why not? I had values and a code of ethics long before I ever heard of the watchtower cult. Most people do. In fact, that's why I left them. They could not live up to my standards. Unlike JWs, I have no use for pedophiles.

W

• DJK
    DJK
    Say, your neighbor likes having sex with animals....do you intervene? What if your neighbor loved veal and kept baby calves in his basement? The blood-curdling cries at night sending shivers up your spine. What if you found out your neighbor and his "son" were members of NAMBLA? Would you report them?

I'm suddenly curious about the neighborhood you live in.

Living and doing what I want and when I want. That's free thinking. I do know the difference between right and wrong, good and bad and I live a good life as easily without faith as anyone would with faith.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way
    Say, your neighbor likes having sex with animals....do you intervene? What if your neighbor loved veal and kept baby calves in his basement? The blood-curdling cries at night sending shivers up your spine. What if you found out your neighbor and his "son" were members of NAMBLA? Would you report them?

If this is what is happening in your neighbourhood, then you should seriously consider moving. baby calves in the basement??? are you kidding me?

of course I would report any pedofiles to the police.

none of my neighbours are having sex with their animals, I live in the city, people here walk their dogs.

Where I live people have families and go to school and work like normal regular people. I am part of that demographic too.

Just because I dont follow a religion does not mean that I have no code of conduct and ethics. By your sentence I get the sense that you feel people who are anti-religion, atheist or agnostic are evil people without morals....would that be a fair assesment of your viewpoint?

• John Doe
    John Doe
    I've noticed many of you that have your own ministry. I'm curious as to what doctrines you teach. Is it "Jesus is Love." and that's it or does it go deeper? If you could, please post your basic beliefs concerning these topics:

1. What happens to a person when they die?

2. Who is God and what is his name?

3. Why is there suffering in the world?

4. How did we get here?

5. According to the Bible, is it okay to participate in wars and politics?

6. Is the Devil real? If so, where did he come from?

7. According to your religion, is it okay to smoke marijuana?

8. According to your religion, is it okay to have pre-marital sex?

9. According to your religion, how do God feel about homosexuals?

10. Does God talk to you personally?

Thanks for your serious responses.

1)They are buried and soon forgotten.

2)Being that a plethora of "gods" exist in the collective imaginations of humanity, you'll have to be more specific.

3)Not everything has a reason. Like gravity, we must accept suffering. Suffering just is.

4)No one knows. Evolution offers the most complete explanation to date.

5)Seeing that numerous wars were fought and politics manipulated in the old testament with God's backing, then most definitely yes.

6)Yes, the devil is real, as much as an imaginary character can be. The devil came from human fear.

7)I am not a religious person, so this question is null and void. I do, however, support following most laws. Since smoking marijuana is illegal in my country, then it is wrong to smoke it.

8)Again, null and void. However, as long as proper precautions are taken and information used, I have no problem with it. I see nothing positive about giving a negative stigma to a basic trait, not only of humans, but of all living creatures.

9)Once again, null and void. I am not gay, and I don't have to think about it. I only worry about my own actions. This is a much more useful way to live, imo.

10)No, but he has gotten a restraining order claiming that I stalk him.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Ok Borean, let me guess. You ask these questions so that you can see the variety of answers and opinions that you recieve. Then you can reveal the "truth" to us all by simply extracting a sentence or fragments of sentences from your Bible. You can easily put to rest the questions that man has pondered since the dawn of time. Go ahead, tell us your answers, blow our minds.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit