Curious about what ExJW's Preach and Teach

by BEROEAN 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

I've noticed many of you that have your own ministry. I'm curious as to what doctrines you teach. Is it "Jesus is Love." and that's it or does it go deeper? If you could, please post your basic beliefs concerning these topics:

1. What happens to a person when they die?

2. Who is God and what is his name?

3. Why is there suffering in the world?

4. How did we get here?

5. According to the Bible, is it okay to participate in wars and politics?

6. Is the Devil real? If so, where did he come from?

7. According to your religion, is it okay to smoke marijuana?

8. According to your religion, is it okay to have pre-marital sex?

9. According to your religion, how do God feel about homosexuals?

10. Does God talk to you personally?

Thanks for your serious responses.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

ExJW's are a varied group, no 2 think alike.

As for me, Im now a FreeWill Baptist.

I believe the saved will go to heaven.

The lost will go to a brimstone burning hell.

I believe in the Trinity.

I believe in the KJV bible.

I believe that fornication, along with homosexuality and adultery are sins.

I believe it's Ok to vote, and Ok to join the military. My pledging allegiance to the flag does not compromise my christianity, so long as "under God" is still included.

• rebel8
    rebel8

The overwhelming majority do not have ministries.

I would venture to say also that the majority do not belong to any religion at all.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    I've noticed many of you that have your own ministry. I'm curious as to what doctrines you teach. Is it "Jesus is Love." and that's it or does it go deeper? If you could, please post your basic beliefs concerning these topics:

I wasnt aware of any ministries - must have missed that! I like your name by the way.

The same as happens to all living creatures - including the pet goldfish. Gradual decompisition or speedy depending on climate of death and juxtaposition of corpse.

Whatever you want or do not want him to be - he is entirely of one's own creation and therefore individual to each. Mine is a secret but changes perodically.

Socially constructed economic disparities, greed, need and lack of feed.

4. How did we get here?

Same way as all living creatures cept the sea horse - through the female birth shoot (or sun roof in the case of the awkward and impatient).

It depends which bit you read. Given its variety of authors and period written you can choose from: "absolutely lets go slaughter some innocents and get laid", to "lets lie down and take a beating followed by a slow crucifixation in the name of Peace, man"

Like God the Devil has as much or as little power as we choose to endow him with. My devil is quite powerful and he came from inside me after years of boredom and tedium learning about God.

Certainly - all good things in moderation though, no one can communicate with a perpetual pothead unless one themselves.

Absolutely - in fact it is pre-requisite. You owe to your partner to be able to taste the goods at least once before he/she makes such a long term purchase. And sometimes as with selecting a fine wine - several tastings are imperative.

Well he's not gay himself but he has a special relationship with these ones which transcends the mundane and is exemplary of his all abiding indiscrimination to all humans. He may have once looked longer in the locker room than strictly necessary but I wouldnt say this reflects badly. My god is only human after all.

Honestly? Not as often as I'd like but enough to keep me contemplating him in good faith and poor taste - just the way he likes.

You are welcome. You may not consider my response serious but that is because you don't know me personally. My god shares my delicious sense of humour and is why I keep him around.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The idea that everyone who leaves the WTB&TS sets up his or her own ministry is ridiculous.

Many XJWs, having been shown that all other religions are false, simply increase that count by one and include the WTB&TS in the total.

I'm an atheist, so I won't answer your questions right now.

My answers would either annoy or frighten you, or both.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I am a Southern Baptist The "We" is referring to my religion

I'll answer your questions:

Most of the questions you ask are not of the most important. The most important thing is what Jesus did for us and the fact that we are saved by faith alone. (works are only a fruit of our faith -- faith comes first). Eternal life is a free gift. By living a life of faith, it causes you to value the principles of the Bible. If you are living by faith you will live a Godly life. But obeying rules does not come first.... We are not saved by the deeds we do or don't do. . Jesus already paid the penalty for our sins and we acccept that gift of eternal life by living in faith.

They are in an intermediate state (one we do not know much about other that the spirit is with God) and then at the resurrection, we receive our glorifed bodies and live in heaven (the great crowd is in heaven -- Rev 19:1) All of us get to take advantage of the new heavens and the new earth after the 1,000 years.

God is a Trinity -- Jehovah, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit

God allows it so we can learn lessons -- understand the bad so we can understand the good when we get to heaven. Also it is a conseequence of free will.

4. How did we get here?

God created us.

Jesus did not ever critisize those in the military. In fact he told a soldier to go and do his job honorably. We vote according to who witholds our values.

Same belief as JWs only we believe that God knew it was going to happen and wasn't ignorant to the consequences of his actions.

No -- its against the law.

no

I think that we all have sins we struggle with -- homosexuals are no worse than someone who cheats on their taxes.

Not audibly. I believe he helps me, answers my prayers and teaches me things.

• DJK
    DJK

I agree with Nathan, except I wear a white coat because God only talks to me. There coming to take me away, haha.

• BEROEAN
    BEROEAN

Nathan Natas (or is it Satan),

You give yourself way too much credit. I'm a big boy. There's nothing you can post on this board that will "frighten" me.

The "annoying" jury is still out.

Perhaps it's the inability to reconcile human suffering and a belief in God?

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Yeah, you got it smart guy. Natas is satan backward. That's the easy part.

I knew there was no reason to offer you anything; you've got what you need already.

• found-my-way
    found-my-way

I dont know, the only eveidence I have seen is that we decompose and turn back into earth. But, I'd like to think that our energy goes on.

God is within all of us. His name is whatever you want to call him, her or it.

Ditto to what Crumpet said.

4. How did we get here?

Many theories...evolution, creation and then god went away somewhere, or aliens planted us on earth. I'm not sure and am waiting for the eveidence to come in...if proof of our origins doesnt come in my lifetime, I'm ok with that.

Yup. Ceasar's things to ceasar and god's things to god. If ceasar wants you to go to war, you would do it, since he asked it of you. If I was ever sent to go to war, I would not kill anyone...that is my own personal principle. The only time I would kill anyone is if they were trying to kill me, or my children. Then I would have no qualms with putting them down as humanely as possible.

The Devil was invented so that people could have a scapegoat to blame for all their problems. People like to hate Satan. If God were real, He made up Satan so that people wouldn't think God was such a screw-up.

I don't have a religion, marijuana should be legalized so that religious people can smoke it with a clear conscience. Me? I think it's a treat and should be used in moderation just like everything else. In my country it is not illegal to posses a small amount for your own personal use.

Religions are there to tell people what to do, when and how. I think sex is a natural act, that we make too big a deal about it! it's a form of pleasure and continuation of a species...you don't see monkeys making religions to stop one another from copulating 24/7...and we call ourselves more advanced....

A group of men decided what scrolls were inspired and what weren't. It is a collection of stories and historical facts written by men, and shouldn't be viewed as inspired. The Catholic Church wanted to remain in power, and therefore had this agenda when putting the Bible as we know it together.

If god was all powerful, then god would tell us what it is exactly that he inspired men to write!

People are people, if I had a religion, I would never join a religion that hated or preached against homosexuality....as long as we are not hurting anyone, (unless they want like that) and all are consenting adults, we can have sex with whomever we want!!

No, and if I ever did hear a voice, I'd be checking myself in as a schizophrenic patient and getting the right medication.

~found,

and yes, all my answers are serious responses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit