Latest UN info; 7:00 pm eastern time

by biblexaminer 45 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

Latest UN information as of 7:00 PM eastern time (Canada/US)

I spoke to the man who heads the NGO office at United Nations headquarters. I will not release his name at this point because I was asked not to by the individual who gave me the contact information. In all likelihood, his name will find a broad audience as per the information he will provide.

He said that many persons had called regarding the Watchtower's involvement with the United Nations, and expressed curiosity with this phenomenon.

What I told him.

I told him first of all that I was risking much by speaking with him. I told him how my family would be affected if my connection in this regard became known. I explained the shunning and slander I would undergo, and how I would end up in divorce court fighting for custody of my children. I told him how my house would need to be sold, as our assets would be divided. I made it clear that my way of life would disintegrate and my relationship with my wife and children would never be the same. He seemed to understand, although outsiders can never really grasp the gravity of it, and the reality of the pain. Outsiders seem to think it's an easy thing to just walk away. In any case he listened as I pleaded my case.

What he would do.

He said that he would be willing to draw up, on UN stationary, a letter stating that the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society has voluntarily withdrawn association with the United Nations Department of Public Information as an NGO as per October 10, 2001.

What he said he could not do.

He explained that the information, like the actual copies of the Watchtower's application, would not be available. This made me very sad and I began to get somewhat desperate, although I kept my demeanor. He also explained that the Watchtower had called this morning, October 10, 2001 and withdrew their association. His did not indicate that the UN in any way initiated any action to precipitate this.

Will the United Nations take any action against the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society?

Unfortunately not. Apparently, submitting a false and misleading application or supplying false information to the UN is not a crime. The penalty for doing what the Watchtower has done is the loss of status as an NGO, and this, the WTBTS has willingly thrust aside in their present attempt to whitewash this chapter of their history.

I was in the parking lot on my cell phone pleading with him, asking him to understand that six million Watchtower constituents have been lied to by this duplicitous organization, which is now going to get away with this.

I explained thoroughly the shunning doctrine and how this organization is corrupt, how this incredibly arrogant institution had repeatedly derided the UN, even going as far as the time they quoted the preamble to the UN charter and then making fun of it in a Watchtower article in 1995. I explained how the WTBTS referred to the UN as a "counterfeit peace organization" which God will destroy. I told him how the WTBTS jeered at the UN as a "disgusting" "failure" and a "beast". I told him that I would send him the WT library Cdrom with the manual so that they could see how the Watchtower views them, but alas it was a moot point since the WTBTS had already withdrawn association.

He wanted to know why all this fuss, so I explained how the truth about the Watchtower would pull off the wool from so many eyes, such that millions of people would be spared a wasted life and the many people that are enduring ruined families could once again be united. I compared the situation to being a Catholic and finding out that the Vatican has joined the KKK -although I made clear that this comparison really did not do the situation justice- since in the eyes of the JWs in the world, the UN is like the Devil. I pleaded again with him for help in exposing the Watchtower.

He offered me luck on my quest.

I hope that we can make good use of what he would provide, and this letter will be up on the www in a few days or so.

In closing, I would like to note that I am somewhat disappointed, although I suppose we all knew the route this would take. I even tried to light a fire underneath him by explaining a page from the Watchtower's history regarding the letter that the president JF Rutherford sent to Adolf Hitler -as recently uncovered from Nazi archives.

I told of the manner in which JFR taught about himself, bequeathing himself a type of Godship. I explained that Hitler slew 6 million Jews and Rutherford gave Hitler encouragement to commit such by deriding the Jews to him. That's all that that maniac needed was encouragement. I also told of how the WTBTS (via JFR) ran down the United States and Great Britian in this letter to Hitler.

I spoke of how JW's view the WTBTS today, like God, and how any help he could offer would be doing a service to millions.

At least we will have something.

• Trilobite
    Trilobite

BX,

Good job. If such a letter can be generated then it will be worth much. The WTS has been hit where it hurts most - in its pocketbook. They applied to be an NGO for political reasons and being forced to relinquish that status, esp. if governments are made aware of the whys and wherefores, will do much to hurt them. While we all want to get our families out of the WTS the battle is much broader. The WTS is hunkering down because of the major hits it has taken of late, both internally and externally.

The notion that the WTS can get away with anything is incorrect; inertia is certainly a consideration but the WTS is doomed unless it revamps. The only question is how long this will take. These incidents do much more to discourage them, and individual JWs, than is apparent.

On another note, we should emphasize the following; the article in the Guardian included the opportunity for Paul Gillies to refute the accusations. He didn't do it, or the reportere was being dishonest. Obviously it is the former. However, dubs should be encouraged to get the WTS, and Gillies in particular to explain their nonsensical remarks. Gillies is a lowdown liar and any heat that can be applied to him will be productive. If I were in charge of the WTS operation I'd dump Gillies as the idiot he is. If he gets dumped then who knows what he'll say; clearly the man has no bottom.

T.

• radar
    radar

BX

You did good.

Radar

• patio34
    patio34

Thanks BibleExaminer for that information. We'll be watching for the letter. Your plea was very moving.

Pat

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

I did my very best. He promised the letter. As soon as it's received, it will go up.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

T.

I like your comments about Gillies. He has quite a reputation...he once debated with the Liberal Elder on BBC radio. It's a wonder he didn't get demoted after that lying performance.

Regarding his quotes this week, the Guardian this week quoted him as saying:

Paul Gillies, the Witnesses' spokesman in Britain, said: "We do not have hostile attitudes to governing bodies and if we are making representations on issues to the UN we will do so."

"There are good and bad bodies just as there are good and bad politicians.

I take it that on Monday the UN was a "good" body and today it is a "bad" body. It would seem in withdrawing their association with the UN/DPI the WTS considers the UN to be a "bad" body. What does the UN think about that? And what about the faithful JWs?

Bx,

Thanks for your efforts. I look forward to seeing the letter too.

Regards,

3rd

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• belbab
    belbab

My thoughts are let's keep up the pressure.

For decades the WT Org has distributed millions and millions of pieces of literature that portrayed the UN as a disgusting thing. They will continue to do so. Their retreating from the NGO involvement demonstrates that their position regarding UN has not changed.

We need to point out the UN that it is imperitive for them to identify what the WT has done to their reputation by identifying them as the beast of Revelation.

Bible EX you took great courage to appeal to the NGO representative the way you did. If he only expresses curiosity to the plight of millions of JWs then perhaps we need to show them the damage that is eroding away at the UN through the vast propaganda machine of the WT.

We also need to explore further what Freedom of Informationavenues are open with the UN. We need to see if the press can pick up on this as many have expressed in other threads.

So let us not give up.

belbab

• belbab
    belbab

He also explained that the Watchtower had called this morning, October 10, 2001 and withdrew their association. His did not indicate that the UN in any way initiated any action to precipitate this.
    I wish to comment further regarding the above quote.

You mean that all it takes to remove oneself from the NGO is a phone call? An extensive form is required to join the NGO why not a letter of resignation, a letter of disassociation.

belbab

• Farkel
    Farkel

belbab,

: Their retreating from the NGO involvement demonstrates that their position regarding UN has not changed.

It cannot change. If it does, it throws dozens of years of Watchtower Bullshit(tm) into the toilet where it belonged in the first place.

Without the "beast" and the "Great(tm) harlot", the WTS has lost a major whipping boy for their message of hatred. And doom.

Take away all their playthings to hate and they become impotent, Belbab. No enemies, no religious printing empire which thrives and lives on hate.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• biblexaminer
    biblexaminer

>>>We need to point out the UN that it is imperitive for them to identify what the WT has done to their reputation by identifying them as the beast of Revelation.

The UN doesn't care. That point was made well by Mr. XXXXX in our conversation. So there's nothing to be gained.

The only thing left for us is to make good use of 1) the letter he will issue to us, and 2) the internet.

The media wouldn't hurt either.

Can we use "Freedom of Information" laws??? Well... let's get what the UN-NGO chief is willing to offer free first. Then, after we will see if there is any room for legal manouvering.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit