Movie Clips That Have Made You Flinch

by Clam 35 Replies latest social entertainment

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

I'll have to think about this for a bit before I cast my vote, however, in response to the Misery votes....

When I was a young lad I read a ton of Steven King books. I remember buying Misery and reading it as soon as it was released and before it was a movie. I couldn't put it down. I read it in record time and was terrified at what Paul Sheldon had endured. Needless to say when I heard that it was being made into a movie I was extremely excited. Unfortunatly I was dissapointed by the movie. The hobbling scene was actually a dissapointment. I suppose that's the case for many books turned movie though, huh?

• restrangled
    restrangled

The original "Haunting" when the walls start breathing

The "Twilight Zone" TV series not movie, when the little boy climbed under his bed to get the ball and he dissappeared into another dimension

The rape scene in "Straw Dogs"

'A Clockwork Orange"

The soldier killing his sergeant in "Full Metal Jacket"

r's hubby

• restrangled
    restrangled

The scene where Dustin Hoffman gets his teeth removed one by one without anesthesia in " Marathon Man"

r's hubby

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

The woman getting hung on a meat hook in the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre

• restrangled
    restrangled

I Kid you not.....I had seen the Shining but picked up the book.

I was on a business trip in New York in an old hotel room by myself. I was reading the chapter containing a shower curtain moving across the bar and seeing someone seeing a blood bath.

As I read that section, I heard a shower curtain scraping across the bar....alone in this hotel! Every hair on my body stood on end and I had to put the book down. Turned out it was in the room next to me, but my god I will never forget the sound as I read that passage! I didn't sleep most of that night.

r.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

Bamby, when Bamby's dad gets shot.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit