Movie Clips That Have Made You Flinch

by Clam 35 Replies latest social entertainment

• Clam
    Clam

Dear All,

There's not much that makes me wince, not at the movies anyway, but those things that have, have inevitably stayed in the memory.

I saw it a long time ago at the cinema, but the Reservoir Dogs scene where Michael Madsen cuts a policeman's ear off to the track Stuck in The Middle With You, was one such scene. Certainly couldn't watch it again.

Do any of you remember a scene from a movie which has made you flinch big time, and made you not want to re-watch the movie?

Clam

PS - Mainstream films with which we're all familiar please.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

How about a whole friggin movie that will make you flinch.."Hostel"..If you think you have nerves of steel,try that movie out...OUTLAW

• tim hooper
    tim hooper

The 'hammer meets toes' scene in Payback.

tim

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

when.......that chick breaks that writers legs in Misery!!!!

• Warlock
    Warlock

There is one scene in "The Birds" where someone has had their eyes pecked out and they are just black holes. When that scene is coming, I'll change the channel.

Warlock

• Scully
    Scully

The scene in Misery where Kathy Bates explains what the term "hobbling" means and then takes a railway worker's mallet and shows James Caan how it works.

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

Another vote for Misery.

Clam: I know that unlucky cop is getting tortured and all, but I laughed when Madsen says "Hey, what's going on? Can you hear that?"

• DJK
    DJK

Blachhawk Down; I walked out with dozens of other people 15 minutes after the movie started.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Good thread idea.

I think it depends how old you are. When I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark in the theatre in grade school, I sure flinched at the scenes of mummies and the ark sequence at the end of the movie. There are certain things I still flinch at which I shall not mention (as I don't want to see someone post a picture of it here), but for the most part I'm pretty desensitized. There have been plenty of shocking moments that I still watched transfixed, tho I confess I don't watch horror movies like Hostel. But, like, there was nothing to really flinch at during Kill Bill.

• Warlock
    Warlock

Another one is Paul Newman having his thumbs broken in "The Hustler".

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit