Movie Clips That Have Made You Flinch

by Clam 35 Replies latest social entertainment

• greendawn
    greendawn

From the 1990's the gut wrenching scenes from the landing at Omaha beach early in the Private Ryan film, they were so realistic they were frightening. Spielberg got that one right for presenting the true horrors of war. Only the Nazis had to be fought against and defeated so at least it was a good war.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i can think of two right now... in man on fire, when he cuts the fingers off in the car and then cauterizes them,... yuck

and then there's the infamous curby scene from american history x.... i think the ones you dont actually see are the worst...

as for hostel, IT WAS JUST STUPID... didnt flinch, just wanted to turn it off because it was sooo stupid

the infamous one

• BFD
    BFD

Score another point for the hobble scene in "Misery". I cringe just thinking about going to see a movie that will make me flinch so I don't really see many. But I did see "Misery", ouch!

Also, the scene in "Psycho" when Norman grabs the blade of the knife that the Lumis girl is pointing at him.

Cringa- you crack me up!

BFD

• Gregor
    Gregor

In "Apocalypse Now" the scene where Martin Sheen has walked into the jungle and the tiger bursts out. My popcorn ended up spread out over three rows of seats. And at the end when they actually decapitated a water buffalo or some kind of a poor cow as part of a ritual, can't watch it.

In "Death Wish" when Jeff Goldblum and his hoodlums follow Charles Bronsons wife and daughter home then rape and brutalize them. I walked out of the theatre and asked for my money back.

• Scully
  • Twitch
    Twitch
    When I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark in the theatre in grade school, I sure flinched at the scenes of mummies and the ark sequence at the end of the movie.

lol. I couldn't watch the ark scene at the end either. I'll always remember that coz of being a dub kid seeing a "forbidden" movie with my worldy friends, turning away at the scene while they loved it. Made me wonder for some time. But I still don't like gore, buckets of blood, scenes from a nightmare and so on, if for it's own sake. Not a fan of horror per se; there's enough on CNN,.... Most forms of violence in the media don't bother me though.Too many Arnold movies in my formative years I s'pose, lol.

Other clips that cause uncontrolled reactions () are

• the chainsaw scene in Scarface
    • the ear scene in Resovoir Dogs
    • the curbstompin in American History X
    • the "birth" scene in Alien
    • the bathroom scene in The Fly
    • any scene with me in it, which is becoming all the more difficult to avoid in the digital age.

• restrangled
    restrangled

The scene in the "Shining" when the boy goes into the room he's not supposed to go into and there's someone in the bathtub...

r's hubby

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

The bathtub scene in Fatal Attraction and the scene in Play Misty For Me when Clint Eastwood grabs a butcher knife and it slips through his grip

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Catch 22 - long shot of a guy standing on a pier watching a crazy pilot buzz the beach in his airplane. At one point, the plane dips and the wing slices the guy in half at the waist. It helped that this was from a distance - but still................. I was not prepared!

• Angharad
    Angharad

The baseball bat scene in Untouchables - I have never got past that part even though Simon tells me its a great film.

Hobbling in Misery and ear scene in Reservoir dogs (turned it off at that point)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit