It sucks to be hurt on purpose ...

by reneeisorym 55 Replies latest jw friends

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

WELL, IT MAY BE OF LITTLE CONSOLATION, BUT AT LEAST NOW YOU KNOW WHERE YOU STAND... YOU KNOW WHO YOUR TRUE FAMILY IS... AND YOUR BIG DAY WILL BE HAPPIER WITHOUT PEOPLE SITTING THERE CRITICIZING

the infamous one

• dust
    dust

Renee,
    Ask your grandparents if they would come to your funeral if you died, and if they say yes, then ask them to explain why.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym
    Ask your grandparents if they would come to your funeral if you died, and if they say yes, then ask them to explain why.

I haven't spoken to them since I DAed. My grandmother sent me a farewell letter saying that "I think I would be smart enough to know if I was being lied to"

AT LEAST NOW YOU KNOW WHERE YOU STAND... YOU KNOW WHO YOUR TRUE FAMILY IS... AND YOUR BIG DAY WILL BE HAPPIER WITHOUT PEOPLE SITTING THERE CRITICIZING

I knew where I stood -- But the truth to it all is that the only person out of all of them that I actually want to come is my mother. She still loves me and I know it. I really seriously don't want everyone sitting there criticizing either. I was kinda releaved when my mom sent me an email telling me that her and Dad couldn't go. Less drama.

News: My mom sent me an e-mail that Dad wanted her car back so she gave it to him and went and bought her a 2007 toyota. It looks like its serious -- I was kind of unsure before. Its hard to tell from an e-mail how serious something is.

Renee

• Scully
    Scully

Renee

Having the invitation returned to you in the way your grandparents did is very deliberately rude and unloving and unreasonable. Just bear in mind Jesus' words about who his true disciples really are.

Maybe some time after the wedding, you could write a letter to your grandparents and express your gratitude to them for showing you, yet again, that you made the right decision to DA from the JWs, considering that they cannot show love and reasonableness that you have come to expect from real Christians. There's nothing quite as humbling for a JW than to hear that they have failed in being loving, when love could have motivated them to very simply politely decline your invitation out of deference to their beliefs. No, they had to go beyond that, and deliver the one-two punch to the gut in order to make their point.

I'm sorry to hear that your parents cannot, for the sake of family peace, come to some kind of compromise. As you said, you can't tell from what you've heard whether or not this is just more drama on your mom's part. Drama is the last thing you need on your special day. Don't let them contaminate your wedding with their nonsense. Just enjoy your day, surrounded with loving supportive friends and allow yourself to be welcomed into a loving accepting new family.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

That's terrible, they say you only hurt the ones you love. Are your parents witnesses? I thought in principal they didnt believe in divorce, although 90% of my contemporaires from my witness days are divorced and on their 3rd and 4th marriage. Sounds kind of dramatic. Also there must be underlying problems.

Good luck and Hugs.

• free2think
    free2think

((((((((((((((((((Renee))))))))))))))))))))

That sucks, I'm so sorry they are treating you this way but I do hope your mum decides to come to your wedding, maybe she's starting to see outside the borg.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Sounds like there was "trouble in paradise" between mom and dad all along. Couldn't they obey the WTS and stay together? Guess not. But they should not try to make you responsible. Oh, the JWs know how to guilt, guilt, guilt.

• loosie
    loosie

Ok first don't blame yourself and don't let them blame you.

If they are getting a divorce, it's not your fault. They may blame it on this external issue. but I't there issue not yours.

she wants to go to my wedding and he won't let her.

I bet this isn't the first thing they he didn't LET her do. You don't tell your spouse what they can or can't do. That's just silly.

(((HUGS)))

• Es
    Es

God you dont need this type of stress before your wedding, big hugs.

I didnt even bother sending my parents an invite to my wedding, they made it very clear before hand they wouldnt come. I know what you mean about being hurt on purpose it boggles my mind sometimes how people think they can do that to other people. Where are there manners and morals??

I hope all goes well with your wedding, I hope your mum comes.

es

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

screw 'em all. Let's get down to important details. Where are you registered? Anything online? How many brides maids? Colors? Flowers? I like all those details - I don't have to go to the wedding to enjoy the process.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit