It sucks to be hurt on purpose ...

by reneeisorym 55 Replies latest jw friends

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I sent out wedding invitations last week. Apparently they caused my parents to get a divorce. I got an E-MAIL from my mother saying that she left my dad, is filing for divorce, and that Dad thinks she left because she wants to go to my wedding and he won't let her. I still don't know that she will go to my wedding.

My grandparents put the whole invitation unopened in an envelope and mailed it back with no note or anything. WHY?! Were they just trying to hurt me? Couldn't they just have thrown it away? It made me cry. I think I've gotten over it. I just really don't understand why they would do something like that.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

So sorry to hear this. If this doesnt do anything, at least you can be thankful to be out of that family wrecking cult.

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

They are supposed to be Christians, right? (snickering) Isn't it unloving to be hurtful? Shouldn't they "still love me but have to follow Jehovah's direction"? Why hurt me on purpose? Couldn't they have just thrown it in the garbage?

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

Sorry about that ((((hugs)))

I hope your wedding day will be very happy one.

BTW, Don't feel responsible for your parents actions. They are adults and what they do is their choice.

YC

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sorry to hear that, they are just deceived cultists who go to such great extremes without realising it, to refuse wedding invitations from children or grand children is so sick. But there have been thousands of such instances in the JW world.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

(((renee))))

I am sorry to hear that. I hope that you have a truly wonderful wedding day,
    with or without your family there.

• Kudra
    Kudra

Is this all JW-related?

Ugh. How sickening, huh? They cause so many hateful feelings for being the "happiest people on earth..."

Have you spoken to your mom and Dad directly about this? Can you? Perhaps it is better if they are not there, causing stress and problems on the actual day.

I am dealing with similar problems at my upcoming wedding day...

I am having the ceremony in a little chapel in the mountains and have several old dub friends on the invite list. (already told them I was inviting them).

Buuuut, the chapel has a BIG cross in it and is called St. someone's Chapel.

I hope they don't march out when they see it... I already told my mom and she is ok with it.

Others don't know I'm fading so it may cause problems to come to a head down the road...

-K

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

((((((((((((((((Renee)))))))))))))))

I'm so sorry, there is no limit as to what JW's do in the name of "love".

nj

• BFD
    BFD

renee, I am sorry that you have to deal with this when you are planning for what is supposed to be the happiest day of your life.

What your gps did is mean-spirited and hateful! Christian? NOT! I can't stand self-rightous a**holes like that and I am sorry if they are your gps but they are awful people. I am tired of people making excuses for the poor brainwashed JWs. As human beings, they suck! It just is not right what they did, period!

If your parents are headed for divorce it has nothing to do with your wedding. Maybe a "good" excuse for them in thier eyes but most likely, not true. Nothing like a little guilt hand-off. There has to be more to it than that.

Keep your chin up and enjoy your special day.

Good Luck and Best Wishes,

BFD

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

Yes, it is JW related. My grandparents are JWs and I am disassociated.

My parents are JW. My mom e-mails me but will not talk to me on the phone. I KNOW my dad won't come. He's just like that -- stubborn. My mom wants to come but she is afraid. (of God or other JWs I don't know)

About my parents -- when I was a JW, I always got them together and talked them through their problems. I was always like a mediator or a counselor. Now they don't have me and no one to help them fix it. I know its not my fault -- I didn't leave them. They quit talking to me. If I was still there, they would probably still be together. But it was them who pushed me away so its all their fault.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit