DNA & SOFT TISSUE CONFIRMED IN 68 "MILLION" YEAR T-REX !

by Perry 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Kudra
    Kudra

Interesting link BA- did you listen to the NPR clip?

I really am not convinced by the guy's argument. He had a bit of the old snake-oil salesman air about him... You should really listen to the clip it is on your 1st link, under sci. articles.

It really is an interesting theory and I would not be convinced either way until I had it explained to me from both sides by reputable geologists...

Oil extraction and procurement is such a massively huge priority for all nations it seems odd that the US has not seized onto this if it had ANY way of more accurately or effectively predicting oil deposits...

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Oil extraction and procurement is such a massively huge priority for all nations it seems odd that the US has not seized onto this if it had ANY way of more accurately or effectively predicting oil deposits...

Profound point if their theories are wrong then they are not looking in the right place for the oil.

Uranus giant ball of natural gas?

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Kudra,

Didn't listen to the NPR clip, no. Perhaps at some point, I will. Perhaps tonight.

If you seriously want to read about it, google "Russian-Ukrainian oil theory" or variants thereof.

I researched this years ago, and, especially as regards how the USSR obtained oil when by all accounts using the Western theory they absolutely should not have been able to obtain oil- it just makes too much sense!

As I recall, they are able to drill for oil almost anywhere, and hit it!

That in itself speaks volumes.

BA

• Kudra
    Kudra

Danny-

No my anus does NOT have a giant ball of gas!!!

:P

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    This discovery gives immensely powerful support to the proposition that dinosaur fossils are not millions of years old at all, but were mostly fossilized under catastrophic conditions a few thousand years ago at most.

Hey Man, can I get a hit off your pipe?

• Arthur
    Arthur
    No, but I am running low on time. I have over 25 guests coming in a few hours to my two year old son's birthday party.

I wish a happy birthday to your son, Perry.

• Perry
    Perry

Thank you Aurthur.

A friend of mine related this story:

A business man was preparing for airtravel and realizing that the flight would only be serving cheap crackers and pretzels, brought along a package of cookies from home for the trip. He hopped into the window seat and placed the cookies on the tray table in front of him. After, digging through his briefcase and finally stowing it under the seat in front of him, he noticed that a little blue haired old lady took the seat next to him and had opened the package and started eating his cookies.

He glared at her but she just looked at him and smiled. He thought, "the nerve of this woman to take my cookies and start eating them without asking". Feeling slighted, he reached over and took one of the cookies from the package and put it in his mouth. Again, the lady just smiled at him as she took another one herself. "That's bold", he thought. He was starting to get mad and was going to say something but reasoned, "what should I care if this woman eats my cookies? I don't need to pick on senile old ladies. I'm better than that." So, he just calmed his anger and reached over and grabbed another cookie out of the package. Again, the old lady just looked at him and smiled.

This went on until all the cookies were eaten. He felt both satisfied and good about himself because he got to eat more than half of what was due him and he had refrained from going off on this crazy, albeit harmless elderly lady. He settled into a snooze and just tuned out. Upon landing, the lady just smiled again and wished him well on his trip as she left. As the businessman gathered up his things from under the seat in front of him he looked curiously on the floor at a package of cookies of the exact same size & brand that the little old lady had "taken" from him.

According to Plato, knowledge is a subset of that which is both true and believed

This diagram is useful in helping to understand how the color of the package, the size of the cookies, rarity of the object, brand name etc....... all truths, were all transformed into support for a faulty conclusion by the businessman's beliefs. The truths no longer existed as autonomous facts as soon as he examined them.

I would definitely add a third circle and label it "automatic responses" of a sub-conscious nature. Certain types of speech pattterns, word choice, sentence structure, strategic pausing, rate of delivery, tonal qualities of both specific words and the beginning and end of sentences, all can be used effectively to trigger desirous sub-conscious responses to"authority". These automatic responses laid down in childhood together with group dynamics, sub-conscious mental picture retrieval, pride, vanity, comparing ourselves to others instead of to God, all combine to create an illusion of the yellow area in the figure above.

Over the years, I have personally spoken to upwards of one million people face to face (not live television as I've also done). Now, not because I'm smart or educated, but because of the sheer volume of repetitous triggers and responses observed in my sales presentations that were designed to separate people from some of their cash, did I notice these strange and powerful forces at work. As a result, many weird things would sometimes happen... like one time doing a sales demonstration with no product and all in my hands. Yes, I had forgotten that I'd sold out on the previous demonstration when 30 people showed. Because of understanding of the above, it enabled me to determine exactly where I was in the minds of the listeners, make various corrections, use auxillary helps to sell about 80% of what I typically did..... all with no product. I'm not joking.

I relate some of this stuff to show that in our current state, there is no logical sound reason to believe that God doesn't exist. We are in a fish bowl able to discern only vague shapes and colors. As a result, we feel that the best we can do is turn to the next fish for his opinion, and he/she does the same and so on until a pecking order develops and a self-constructed and intricate reality develops .... all of which mean exactly nothing to the owner of the fish bowl who commissioned its existence simply for his own pleasure.

We are not the center of perception, God is. I don't know if Genesis is all, part, mostly or no allegory. What I do know and am qualified to comment on is fallen human nature. It is not a place that I want to even remotely place my trust.

What I also know is that there are so many holes in the atheist worldview that after several years of withholding judgement, I decided to believe God and trust him and my life has skyrocketed in terms of problem solving capability, amount of joy experienced, even my sorrows chisel and shape me for the final condition of being conformed into the likeness of Christ. I have seen personally some of what God is up to, spoken in the tongues of angels, received my name reserved for me in heaven .... having it spoken into my spirit and have felt the loyalty of Him who said, "He who began a good work in you will perfect it ...Php. 1:6b

Although science is wonderful, it's still just another fish to consult. Science isn't autonomous any more that any other facts are, when observed. I'm quite sure that in some paradigm somewhere, Genesis is correct.....period. I believe God and trust him.... as his grace and my obedience make it possible.

As a result, slowly I'm being freed from the fishbowl. And that is something that I can scientifically measure for myself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit