DNA & SOFT TISSUE CONFIRMED IN 68 "MILLION" YEAR T-REX !

by Perry 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry
    Are you running low on carbs?

No, but I am running low on time. I have over 25 guests coming in a few hours to my two year old son's birthday party. I have much to say, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow after church.

Italian people like me go to 'pastafests....hehehe

'Ciao

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Ahhhh, the first time I ever logged on to JWD it was to view a science thread

My only input at this time is I am wondering how petro deposits can be fossil fuels (dino piss) when the outer planets are loaded with hydrocarbons too.

Coal,can be seen 'evolving' today out of peat bogs and may not be the same pathogenesis as oil?

• Kaput
    Kaput

My only input at this time is I am wondering how petro deposits can be fossil fuels (dino piss) when the outer planets are loaded with hydrocarbons too.

My feelings, also. Check out The Deep Hot Biosphere: The Myth of Fossil Fuels by Thomas Gold. With MILLIONS and MILLIONS of barrels of oil pulled from the ground over the last 150 years, and when they now start drilling to 40,000 feet for oil, I start getting a little curious about how many squashed palm trees and dinosaurs there are WAY down there.

• gaiagirl
    gaiagirl

In regard to the Glen Rose/Paluxy River tracks, I've been there and viewed them myself personally. There are no human tracks present, only several species of dinosaur, notably a sauropod, and a much lighter weight theropod which appears to have been tracking the sauropod. It is these theropod footprints which creationists sometimes claim to be human, however close inspection reveals that many of the prints in this trail clearly show the characteristic "three-toe" pattern. In some of the other theropod prints, erosion has softened the outline and those particular prints are sometimes touted as "human", albeit a very, very, large human with a foot approximately 18 inches long. Other alleged "human" prints in the area were revealed to have been faked as long ago as the 1930's. It seems that creationists will stop at nothing to "prove" the Genesis account is somehow true. The following link is an overview of what is known about the prints in the area. http://www.talkorigins.org/faqs/paluxy/mantrack.html

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

"...those particular prints are sometimes touted as "human", albeit a very, very, large human with a foot approximately 18 inches long."

The gentleman's name was Nef E. Lim.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    is quite rash to argue that all the other evidence pointing to the age of the fossil (e.g. geological strata, radioactive decay, etc.) must be wildly incorrect because of an assumption that such tissue could not possibly have been preserved for so long.

Impeccable logic here,of course being a geeky A science student and born 1957 JW i have heard all the WT creation myths & lies about 'water canopy inhibit cosmic rays and carbon 14 jazz'

The hardest thing for me to accept even harder than the WT's core doctrinal falsehoods was that there was probably no global flood 4,000 years ago and the earth has had ice ages.

• Kudra
    Kudra

We get our oil from decomposed ocean-life matter that fall to the bottom of the sea.

Many transgressing and regressing seas create layers of this that get sandwiched between the sandstone layers. When buried at depth, the source of the oil gets squeezed from the rocks and goes into the sandstone, where we can extract it.

Terrestrial plant matter is what becomes coal.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    We get our oil from decomposed ocean-life matter that fall to the bottom of the sea.

At least as far as we've been taught in the West.

Interesting counter-theory:

http://www.gasresources.net/Introduction.htm

http://www.lewrockwell.com/crispin/crispin11.html

BA

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Many transgressing and regressing seas create layers of this that get sandwiched between the sandstone layers. When buried at depth, the source of the oil gets squeezed from the rocks and goes into the sandstone, where we can extract it.

Terrestrial plant matter is what becomes coal.

Now that is a damn good answer so the dry Arabs got the oil now from their ancient oceans wow what a geological flip flop. Still i wonder about Uranus being a giant ball of frozen methane aka 'natural gas' no organic decomp there.

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate
    Oil is made from a geological process not from organic life.

I believe the Russian-Ukranian theory makes more sense, too. Otherwise, how did the USSR get it's oil during the Cold War? The West has been raised on marketing masquerading as "science". Big Oil Bullshit. BA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit