DNA & SOFT TISSUE CONFIRMED IN 68 "MILLION" YEAR T-REX !

by Perry 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Perry
    Perry

Press Release 07-038
    Ancient T. rex and Mastodon Protein Fragments Discovered, Sequenced
    alt

68-million-year-old T. rex proteins are oldest ever sequenced

Ancient proteins have been found in bones like those of a 69-million-year-old T. rex fossil.

Ancient proteins have been found in bones like those of a 68-million-year-old T. rex fossil.
    Credit and Larger Version

April 12, 2007

Scientists have confirmed the existence of protein in soft tissue recovered from the fossil bones of a 68 million-year-old Tyrannosaurus rex (T. rex) and a half-million-year-old mastodon.

Their results may change the way people think about fossil preservation and present a new method for studying diseases in which identification of proteins is important, such as cancer.

When an animal dies, protein immediately begins to degrade and, in the case of fossils, is slowly replaced by mineral. This substitution process was thought to be complete by 1 million years. Researchers at North Carolina State University (NCSU) and Harvard Medical School now know otherwise.

The researchers' findings appear as companion papers in this week's issue of the journal Science.

"Not only was protein detectably present in these fossils, the preserved material was in good enough condition that it could be identified," said Paul Filmer, program director in the National Science Foundation (NSF) Division of Earth Sciences, which funded the research. "We now know much more about what conditions proteins can survive in. It turns out that some proteins can survive for very long time periods, far longer than anyone predicted."

http://www.nsf.gov/news/news_summ.jsp?cntn_id=108607

• UnConfused
    UnConfused

Just more proof that they really died in the flood 4000 years ago.

Just saying.....

• badboy
    badboy

INTERESTING.

• Perry
    Perry
    It turns out that some proteins can survive for very long time periods, far longer than anyone predicted."

This made me spew my soda I was laughing so hard!

• greendawn
    greendawn

I like the way he tried to twist it: "It turns out that some proteins can survive for very long time periods, far longer than anyone predicted", it's hard to imagine proteins surviving that long, 65 million years is just too long for that to be possible. The more likely possibility is that dinosaurs existed until very recent times, a very major problem for evolutionists.

• Perry
    Perry
    a very major problem for evolutionists.

Are you kidding me? The usual suspects of ex-elders turned evo-religionists along with their doting hordes will be here shortly to "re-adjust" your thinking.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Does this mean that somebody can take the soft tissue and extract DNA and make real "Jurassic Park"?

• Perry
    Perry

T. rex tissue

Look at how fresh it appears! This has to be one of the greatest scientific discoveries of all time.... stretchy tissue, blood vessels and cellular structures, successful sequencing of DNA in a dinosaur T.rex ... C'mon!

It looks like something I plopped on my grill last weekend.

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ

was this extracted from bone marrow?

• Anti-Christ
    Anti-Christ
    Look at how fresh it appears! This has to be one of the greatest scientific discoveries of all time.... stretchy tissue, blood vessels and cellular structures, successful sequencing of DNA in a dinosaur T.rex ... C'mon!
    It looks like something I plopped on my grill last weekend.

After her chemical and molecular analyses of the tissue indicated that original protein fragments might be preserved, she turned to colleagues John Asara and Lewis Cantley of Harvard Medical School, to see if they could confirm her suspicions by finding the amino acid used to make collagen, a fibrous protein found in bone.

Bone is a composite material, consisting of both protein and mineral. In modern bones, when minerals are removed, a collagen matrix--fibrous, resilient material that gives the bones structure and flexibility--is left behind. When Schweitzer demineralized the T. rex bone, she was surprised to find such a matrix, because current theories of fossilization held that no original organic material could survive that long.

O.K. so I just read the report and they had to demineralize the bone for it to look like that so it did not look like that to begin with

I like the way he tried to twist it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit