If you are dissasosiated............

by Heather 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Invetigator74
    Invetigator74

Well I try to make a comeback after DA myself 20+ years ago. The elders in the congregation I was recently attending hadn't a clue on what to do , soooooooo I was told to attend the meetings and they would get information from the hall I was DA'ed from. Everyone in the hall seeing me for the first time, introduce themselves to me and I also received some invitations to their homes and even Bethel by the bethelites. After about 3 week of meetings I was suddenly summoned to the back room, and guess what?, bingo you hit it right on the head, I was told not to speak to anyone , even though an announcement of my past DA would not be made from the podium, but that the "friends" would be made aware of my situation. The following meeting prove true to the elder's very words, not one person spoke to me or looked in my direction. I was told in a "few" months (6 to be exact) to submit a letter requesting to return . In the meantime I never receive a visit from any of the Elders for encouragement or to see where I was at in my thinking about the Borg. Eventually I realized I was making a big mistake (much thanks to JWD)and other research, and haven't stepped back inside a KH in over 10 years. I became a member of a small , but loving ,church and continue doing studies on early Christianity on my own with feedback from fellow worshipers. I've never been happier as I am now, thanks to the Lord.

• lesterd
    lesterd

I would say the prodigal son "faded" and did not denounce the family, and his father was sad to see him go. The borg doesnt want you to let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, someone might hear your screaming out the truth on the way out.

• rebel8
    rebel8

No need to rely on the local elders or your family to tell you the rules. Just check the elders' manual.

http://www.sectes.net/tj/ecrits/anciens.html (click on English)

• greendawn
    greendawn

The dubs are too rigid and unimaginative to understand the moral behind the prodigal son story, to them everything is black and white if you don't keep the standards biblical or JW made, you go out. They can't see different shades of transgressions or mitigating circumstances except minimally.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

This is one way they hold your family hostage. If you do not want to remain a Witless and you have family in there, and you disassociate yourself, they will in fact make your family shun you until you are reinstated. This is so that they can use that as an incentive for you to go back.

To regain contact with those family members, you have to go through the whole process. You will have to bring your whole life in compliance with Watchtower standards. And you will have to show signs of being willing to give your all in the ministry once reinstated. (You might be able to fake out after you get back, but that will be held against you the next time if there ever is a next time).

And, depending on how sadistic the hounderselders are in your hall, they could make it extra hard. If they know you value your family that much, they will likely make you wait longer or make you work more on getting your life perfectly according to Watchtower standards. (Or both). That's the way that organization likes to control people. No, you don't have to believe them. You do, however, have to acknowledge your belief in their crap. And you will have to give up things like smoking, celebrating holidays and birthdays, and the like.

It might be easier to just "stumble" the family out of the cult. Do that, and you will have them back. Of course they will be shunned by the organization. But you will not have to worry about the hoops and rules of going back to an organization that you don't believe in anymore. And you will have the satisfaction of knowing that there will be that many less disciples when they do their count: I would rather see them lose 4 or 5 members than gain one back. And their money will not be going to support that ridiculous criminal organization.

One good web site to put on their computer: www.sixscreensofthewatchtower.com . That is balanced, up to date, and they back up their claims with actual Watchtower articles from past vs. present. If they read that site, they are likely to be on their way out. And then you won't have to worry about faking belief in an organization that is out to milk you dry.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit