Name Things Witnesses Make Big Deals Over

by minimus 61 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Have you ever seen a Witness get absolutely giddy over placing a measly tract with a neighbor and get up on the platform and tell the "experience" of how the neighbor actually said that he'd read it! BIG DEAL!!!

In our Hall, they LOVED to applaud over the dumbest things! The above mentioned example was one of those things the whole Hall would go crazy over.

Anything that drove you crazy?

• Honesty
    Honesty

My 'Bible Study' is thinking about coming to the District Convention for the Saturday Sessions.

I hope we have a lot of new brothers baptised so he can see how Jehovah is blessing our efforts.

• Paralipomenon
    Paralipomenon

A Sister in the hall saw a disfellowshipped person smoking. Isn't is sad what happens to people when they lose Jehovah's favor?

• Scully
    Scully

Things that are Conscience Matters™. They will literally spend hours debating why their decision on a Conscience Matter™ is better than someone else's decision on the same Conscience Matter™. Basically trying to impose their Conscience™ on someone else.

What constitutes behaviour that might Stumble™ another JW. Oddly enough, it is always something someone else is doing, but never anything that they are doing.

Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Worship. Theirs, not anyone else's.

• Amber Rose
    Amber Rose

Gas stations

• middlechild
    middlechild

I threw a wedding shower for my sister and dropped all the invites off at all the "sisters" homes. Inside was a list of things my sister wanted/needed. I asked if someone was going to get her something off the list to let me know so that she didn't get duplicates. Well did I hear about that. How unchristian of me to have people reveal their gifts. Some may not be able to give much and this would make them feel bad and put them in a bad position. So I had to write an apology note and go back to every person's house that got the invite and drop it off. Yes, what evil intentions I had wanting to make sure my sister got what she needed for her marriage.

Then I go to my first "wordly" shower and OMG the card is read out loud and the person who gave the gift is thanked in front of everyone. I nearly had a heartattack.

Some of my fellow "sisters" here will understand.

• gymbob
    gymbob

School sports.

I've been working with school sports programs for the better part of 20 years now, and I still don't see how any reasonable person can justify (from the bible) why kids shouldn't play sports in school.

When my daughter hit high school, she wanted to play volleyball after school. When I said, "great", the local elders acted like I let her join the military or something. The things they would say..."What about all the drugs? What about all the meetings and service she'll miss out on? Why be with people who don't worship the way we do?" Idiots! GYMBB

• stillajwexelder
  • undercover
    undercover

The list is almost endless...

But basically anything that should be personal business can become the business of the congregation and will be debated and gossipped over.

Brother Reaching-out-to-be-an-MS was seen renting an R-rated movie. Before anyone says a word to him about it, 90% of the congregation has already found out and by the time it gets back to him, or worse, an elder, it has gone from being "The Matrix" to "Lesbo Babes in Latex" that he was renting.

Sister Single-but-trying-hard-to-find-a-mate is seen out at lunch with a *gasp* male...but he's not from the hall. Is he a co-worker? Is she dating a worldly guy? Before anyone finds out that its her out-of-town cousin, everyone at the hall is convinced she'll be disfellowshipped for fornication.

Young Brother Young has bought a new car...a 2 door sports car. Before he gets the first tank of gas burned off, he has had three elders, two MSs and several pioneers counsel him on materialism. (No one realizing of course that his used 2 door car cost about half of what the SUVs cost that the elders and MSs are driving).

• Open mind
    Open mind

When you start/stop your Field Service time. Of course there are articles spelling it out right down to the gnat.

But then there always seems to be a "Time Nazi" who not only makes sure they follow "da rulez" to the letter, but also insists on knowing when everyone else in the group is starting & stopping their time.

I've often been tempted to say something like, "Hey Frauline, since most of the publishers just fabricate most of our so-called "REPORTS" anyway, what difference does it make?"

BTW, a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far, away, I actually did count my time by "the book".

Open Mind (Ok, not so "Open" when it comes to Time Nazis)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit