They are stalking me,,

by gabriella 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I always have an unpublished phone number. I don't tolerate people in my life who give it out. I also let people know I don't accept "drop in" visits. When I get together with people it's by appointment only. I'm friendly to family and friends, but even they know better than to come by unannounced. When strangers or acquaintances speak to me I'm civil but not friendly. The door closes quickly if someone doesn't get to the point in the first 2 sentences.

Just politely say, "excuse me but I have to go to the toilet." Close the door and don't open it again. If they're stupid enough to wait that's their problem.

W

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I will never understand why so many say they will be forced to disassociate. Those are their rules, not yours.

As long as you haven't been telling your family for the last few years that you have been attending meetings, I am sure they already know you are inactive.

You don't have to answer the door to anyone you don't want to. But you can be assured they will probably keep coming by until they meet you face to face to encourage you back to the meetings.

It's better to just tell them I appreciate your concern, but when I want to speak with you I will call or come to the meetings. Thank you - Goodbye!

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

NO TRESPASSING SIGNS
    Watch new special about stalkers UPDATED

No Trespassing Sign Will Keep
    Witnesses Away from your Door

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Try printing one of these and hang it on your door:

alt

alt

• DannyHaszard
  • Finally-Free
  • truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree
    You don't have to answer the door to anyone you don't want to. But you can be assured they will probably keep coming by until they meet you face to face to encourage you back to the meetings.

Amen. But it does take freeing oneself from the mind control. I have been avoiding them now for months and they have stalked, mostly electronically. I have now changed my phone numbers and emails. I have had to get a disposable phone and use that for family contact as my Mom likes to give my number to JWs who want to "encourage" me. As someone said here already, they are doing what they believe is in our best interests. If one believes that a course of action will get a person killed by God, it is the loving thing to try and stop them. The fact that this judgment from God is a myth does not dawn on these people.

tsof

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I would answer the door. I always thought, by not answering the door it made the wits feel like they were in the right, like the person not answering is ashamed or scared knowing he is in the wrong.

Talk about everything but the watchtower.If they bring the subject up stop talking just don't say anything unless it's a direct question then just tell them that's personal or I don't know or I'm still thinking about it.

Get comfortable with looong pauses of silence. If they stop talking without asking a question just stand there looking at them, soon they will be saying "well, bye and have a nice day."

• DannyHaszard
  • Open mind
    Open mind

Finally-Free said:

Just politely say, "excuse me but I have to go to the toilet." Close the door and don't open it again. If they're stupid enough to wait that's their problem.

ROFLMAO just picturing the scene! Especially if you said it with just the right touch of sincerity and urgency. I'll bet they'd stand there 5 minutes easy.

When they come by for a "Return Visit", just try the same thing again and see how long they stand there the 2nd time around. Love that sign too!

OTWO: Where'd you get that picture? It's great!

Open Mind

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit