I always had to chuckle at this

by TooBad TooSad 27 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I knew JWs that took notes and never read them again. Then there were the ones that taped the program and never listened to them. And then the ones who videotaped the program and never watched or read them

And remember who had comments to make at the service meeting, the same 3 sisters. Now the WTS has pre-written questions, but the same 3 are still the only ones who comment.

• DJK
    DJK

I thought people were writing a shopping list. How silly of me.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I furiously took notes at the first convention I attended. I was acclimatizing myself to the pace and the teachings. Afterwards a congregation member commented with awe at the depth of my note-taking.

Nowadays, I scan the headings and highlight any talks that might be targetted at college students, women, or apostates. I take note of who is speaking and from where. If there is a particularly outrageous quote, I try and copy it verbatim.

I play sudoku, snack, or snooze through the rest. Once you've been to one convention or assembly, you've been to them all.

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Years ago when I was zealous or stupid, don't know which one, it started as notes, by the time I left it turned into HangMan or TickTackToe with my daughter.

abr

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

avidbiblereader said:

by the time I left it turned into HangMan or TickTackToe with my daughter.

Haha. Reminds me of the "notes" our son used to take. He'd write a surreal story, real Daliesque, sprinkled with words pulled at random from the talk.

One of these gems was illustrated with a picture of someone handing a bewildered Jesus a glass of water, with this caption: "Jesus has nothing to say." At least he knew enough about the Bible to make a snarky joke about John 4 :)

gently feral

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

Never took notes.

Always laughed at gullible trained seals arfing.

BA

• ssrriotsquad
    ssrriotsquad

Does Naughts and Crosses count? (Tic Tac Toe for others)

• Lunamoth
    Lunamoth

I posted this tale before, hope no one minds if I use it again....

Oh the boringness of the conventions, I thought I would be smart and at one of my last conventions I always sat in a carefully selected place so no one could look over my shoulder, and pretended to take notes in a notebook that was hiding a paperback I was reading. I thought it would be nice to tune out and have a nice relaxing weekend. But guess what! even though I was reading a scifi book that totally had my attention I found that I was also at the same time paying better attention to the lameo program than I ever had before, I could summarize every talk, I remembered every experience every crazed missionary gave, I caught it all. It was so annoying that by the second afternoon I gave up and just slept as usual.

Love and Laughter,

Lunamoth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit