I Need A Comeback Statement

by journey-on 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• IsaacJS2
    IsaacJS2

Yeah, that's the blame game crap a lot of them like to play. So you're supposed to feel guilty, huh?

How about you say this: I'm not the one who decided to shun you.

Or similar words that fit your situation.

Then, if she says:You know we have no choice. It's what the WT teaches us!

You could then say: So the WT really is calling the shots and you have no say in this? Maybe I should blame them for your guilt trip because they're controlling you just like a cult would.

Either she's shunning you because she thinks it's right--which is her doing--or she's just blindly obeying the WT--which is the Society's doing, because they're controlling her. Either way, this frames it so it's on her or the Society and exposes the Society's true nature. You could make her pick one or the other until she lays off. That's the same sort of mind game they are playing with you.

Another possibility, if you say: I'm not the one who decided to shun you.

She might say: You decided to leave. That forced our hand. It's your fault, not ours.

Then you can say almost the same thing: So you have no choice? Why? Isn't it your decision to make? Or is the Society making your decisions for you? I thought that's what cults do.

You'll probably get a look or some other kind of grief for that. But again, you can make her pick one: So which is it? Who's responsible for the decision that I must be shunned simply because I don't agree with your beliefs? Who do I blame?

Either she'll have to answer or lay off your case to avoid exploring this really obvious question and risk exposing the flaw in her thinking. Not to mention exposing the guilt mongering for what it is.

IsaacJ

• Scully
    Scully
    We are the ones that chose to leave the love and protective shelter of Jehovah's organization and we are the ones that have the choice to return to the fold.

"If your behaviour is so loving and Christ-like, why aren't we beating a path to your door, then?"

• Brother Apostate
    Brother Apostate

"Wish you well on your journey to Enlightenment, see you when you get there."

BA

• journey-on
    journey-on

Thank you all for your suggestions. They were all helpful and gave me ideas. Hope I get another chance to use them.

Garybuss: This is a little too direct for me. I have that "stick it to ya" attitude when it comes to the WTS, but not my sis.

My comeback for a crack like that would be: Goodbye!

Outlaw: I know it is, but I've never had a snappy comeback to it. It always leaves me silent.

.."That is a worn-out,brain-dead WBT$ response from a JW".....

Zico: I liked what you had to say. This might work.

it was your choice to leave the Org it was your family who reacted to that and are choosing not to associate with you, you chose to leave a religion, NOT your family.

Brother Apostate: This sounds like something I really would say. Thanks.

"Wish you well on your journey to Enlightenment, see you when you get there."
  • gymbob
    gymbob

Some things I said to my parents......

You'd like people to respect your religion, but you don't show respect for other's....

When you left the Baptist church back in the early 60's and became JW's, your family didn't shun you did they? Even though your beliefs were far from what you were raised with. Now i'm changing MY beliefs from what I was raised with....

Look back at the WTB&TS history. They have printed dozens of medical mistakes, crazy outdated scientific views, end of the world false predictions, and life-costing organ donation and blood transfusion changes, that have simply become a fiasco of what the society is teaching THIS MONTH. Teachings that someday could be, or at one time use to be a DF'ing offense. Now, how reasonable is it to say that the only way for us to be a happy family again is for us all to believe the way you do?

Normal people believe in freedom of religion, don't you? That means freedom to believe whatever you want WITHOUT CONSEQUENCES. You are not showing freedom of religion, when the only reason why you shun someone is because of their religion.....

It's actually embarrassing to need to ask my on parents to TALK TO ME. Two people who believe their actions are loving, and their religion agrees with their actions, and that same religion believes they can be identified as the ONLY TRUE RELIGION by the love that it shows....amazing....

The elders wanted to DF me because I simply did not want to be a witness anymore, they wouldn't let me just walk away without doing something themselves to me. WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU ABOUT THIS RELIGION?

Do you believe that your actions show love? Do you realize you have a great-granddaughter that you've never even met and refuse to see? How do you begin to justify these actions to your grandchildren and great-grandchildren? How do you think they will they remember you years from now?

It is long past time for you to realize that your actions, although sincere, are unloving, unchristian, and wrong. We, along with many other wonderful and sincere people have been manipulated by a very controlling religion. THIS IS WHAT YOU NOW NEED TO REALIZE. You are missing out on the best part of life.....FAMILY.

GYMBOB

• Mad
    Mad

Tell them that you respect the Bible (if you DO), but that you do NOT worship the Watchtower Society!

the Mad JW

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

How about....would really sacrifice our relationship and love for one another for a guy in suit and tie in New York who doesn't even know us cause his guess is that is the right thing to do?

Do you sacrifice family and friends for guesses presented as facts?

And they are not speaking to you from a burning bush..demanding your sacrifice.

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

So then ... the most Supreme Being in the universe made me a free moral agent with free choice, and some Old Fogeys from "La-La-Land" in Brooklyn can't return the favour?

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader
    We were responsible for the division---not the Society.

Have you ever noticed, the Society is never wrong, never, not once, never.

2 Thess 2:4-12 4 He is set in opposition and lifts himself up over everyone who is called “god” or an object of reverence, so that he sits down in the temple of The God, publicly showing himself to be a god. 5 Do YOU not remember that, while I was yet with YOU , I used to tell YOU these things? 6 And so now YOU know the thing that acts as a restraint, with a view to his being revealed in his own due time. 7 True, the mystery of this lawlessness is already at work; but only till he who is right now acting as a restraint gets to be out of the way. 8 Then, indeed, the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will do away with by the spirit of his mouth and bring to nothing by the manifestation of his presence. 9 But the lawless one’s presence is according to the operation of Satan with every powerful work and lying signs and portents 10 and with every unrighteous deception for those who are perishing, as a retribution because they did not accept the love of the truth that they might be saved. 11 So that is why God lets an operation of error go to them, that they may get to believing the lie, 12 in order that they all may be judged because they did not believe the truth but took pleasure in unrighteousness.

Humilty is a great quality, I have yet to see it from this organization that does nothing wrong, everyone else has the problem.

abr

• Robert222
    Robert222

Well with my JW family, it is essentially that we are polite to each other. The Society is carefully constructed and for about 100 yrs have caused divisions between families because it comes down to money.

If you are astranged from your family, the family cuts you off and your relatives will give all their hard earned money to the society so that they are assured a place in the New System. Plus, it means more money in the pot for any siblings if you are disfellowshipped and the siblings remain faithful to the men in brooklyn.

Jesus talked about division caused by loyalty to god and pure worship. Not loyalty to an earthly organization run like any other business or some pyramid scheme. Did Jesus foretell of his own earthly organization that would be worth millions of dollars? Or did Jesus not have a place to lay his head? Did he have a roof over his head? What about a highrise with a view of Manhattan?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit