I Need A Comeback Statement

by journey-on 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• journey-on
    journey-on

When I suggested to my JW sister that the WTS has caused so much pain and division in our family, she told me it was because my brothers and I had made the choice to leave. We were responsible for the division---not the Society. We are the ones that chose to leave the love and protective shelter of Jehovah's organization and we are the ones that have the choice to return to the fold.

I need an intelligent comeback, preferably one that will plant a seed, not one too sarcastic. (That would just snap her mind closed.)

• garybuss
    garybuss

My comeback for a crack like that would be: Goodbye!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

You might ask her a thought-provoking question like, "What's the real difference between WTS policies on DF'ing and shunning and religious cults that cut off their members from their families and friends that don't abide by their rules?"

• Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw

are you da'd or df'd? if you are, something like this:

Yes, I made the choice to leave the organization but that doesn't mean my love has changed for you or our family.

The organization that you believe in mandates that you are not allowed to have a relationship with me. You are not allowed to show love for me.

The only way you can show love for me is if I perform works. I would have to attend six months to a year of meetings without uttering a peep to anyone else in attendance. I would not be able to have a bible study with anyone in order to get my many questions answered. Finally I would have to write a letter of repentance to men and potentially be reinstated based on their opinions. After all of this,...then you can show your love for me.

I'm sorry but this is conditional love,...this isn't the genuine love that the bible speaks of. 1 Cor. 13

"love keeps no record of wrongs"

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Journey-on.."That is a worn-out,brain-dead WBT$ response from a JW".....The fact is,JW`s are ordered by the WBT$ to treat thier familys this way..Anyone stupid enough to follow those orders will cause division in thier family....The fact is,your family members are causing the division..Why?..They gave up thier will to think on thier own..WBT$ thinks for them..And ..Most JW`s are proud of it...OUTLAW

• Honesty
    Honesty

I suggest you re-read the following article:

September 1, 2006 Wacktower

Page 17

When

a Loved One Leaves Jehovah

• Zico
    Zico

I don't doubt that you would never demand that your sister or any other family member leave the Org before you associate with them again. Although it was your choice to leave the Org it was your family who reacted to that and are choosing not to associate with you, you chose to leave a religion, NOT your family. Assuming your sister knows you don't believe it's the Truth, what right does she have to expect you to live a lie in order to 'earn' association with your family, when you would never demand your family leaves their religion before you would associate with them.

When you would choose to associate with your family at any time they are willing, how can they possibly say it is YOUR choice not to associate with them?

John 13:34, 35
    34 I am giving YOU a new commandment, that YOU love one another; just as I have loved YOU, that YOU also love one another. 35 By this all will know that YOU are my disciples, if YOU have love among yourselves.”

• bavman
    bavman

I don't let them get away with that. I tell them I have simply woken up but it is YOU that have chosen to shun me. Tell them they are always welcome to be and talk with you. The door is open on your side. All they need to do is open their mouth or show up in your presence.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    We are the ones that chose to leave the love and protective shelter of Jehovah's organization and we are the ones that have the choice to return to the fold.

That's a bit like punching someone and then telling him it's his own fault for standing in front of a moving fist.

W

• bennyk
    bennyk

If you are a Christian, you could ask her to read Matt. 10:32-39 and 19:29.

Then tell her that you will continue praying for her.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit