Is it stealing to get lit without paying the borg for it?

by SnakesInTheTower 23 Replies latest jw friends

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Without even discussing the value of this literature, not the cost but the value, you can
    have a clear conscience. They say it is "free of charge" and that you should give any
    donations you RECEIVE from the public for the literature. If you receive any money
    for the literature, give it to them. Keeping any money would be stealing, unless it was
    just to reimburse what you already donated.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    If you were just taking it SO you could (for example) burn it, then I think that would be ethically wrong.

Why would that be wrong. You are just hastening it to it's final destination anyway. Do you really think anyone but the JW's read the BILLIONS of pieces of literature they pump out.

• brinjen
    brinjen

SnakesInTheTower I remember when my dub grandmother died. She didn't have a will and a non-dub relative thought it would be nice to donate the money left over from the funeral expenses (roughly $500) to the congregation she devoted her life to.

The next month the 'miscellaneous expenses' was particularly high, about $500 higher. Gues that's where her money went to.

Money in general was always an issue that rang alarm bells for me. From one side of their mouth it was a worthless worldly value placed on everybody by Satan. On the other side, all the elders and ms in my congregation were well off with nice houses and cars that looked down their noses at the unemployed and those that had low paying jobs. No ms was ever appointed while they were unemployed (unemployment was a huge problem in general in the area where I lived). I pioneered while I was unemployed, it still wasn't enough for them as my not having a job or car made me a burden on the congregation.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Of course it isn't stealing; they don't ask for money for it, they ask for a donation. Some people choose not to donate. I condone your behaviour. Carry on.

* waves the blessing wand *

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit