Is it stealing to get lit without paying the borg for it?

by SnakesInTheTower 23 Replies latest jw friends

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Not stealing - God is the Editor of The Watchtower - and God's Word is free to all.

• BFD
    BFD
    For a long time I did not donate because as a poor pioneer, I really did not have the money. Now, I have the money (not pioneering..see the correlation),

They owe you much more than you could ever take from them. Grab all the rags you can and if you really like fires I hear some of the lit gives off really cool colors when it is burned. devil

BFD

• TopHat
    TopHat

NO NO NO, thnk of the cost to you for gas and wear and tear on your car plus all the time spent away from your job...or in some cases no job at all because you are out and about working for nothing placing those mags.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

I've bought one of those paper-shredders. Admittedly it's for shredding IMPORTANT documents, but we could shred loads of WTBTS literature and use it for small animal bedding (as long as the animal isn't at risk)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

No, it isn't stealing, but if you're asking, then you must feel some doubt about how moral it is.

I think the fact that the WTS used to charge for all their publications and call it "donations" was one of the first "red flags" that set off my alarm system years ago. Plus the fact that they only began offering them "free" after the possibility of being charged taxes was on the horizon in a "reality check" legal sense.

• VanillaMocha73
    VanillaMocha73

It is worth exactly what you pay for it. In my KH individuals bought the TP and etc, it didn't come out of the contributions. Who knows where the contribution money went? The last meeting I ever went to they were complaining that they did not have enough $$ to meet their monthly KH payment.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

If someone was using a gun or knife to harm/kill people, and you took that from them so that maybe you could save one person, is that stealing, or a crime???

If you have something in your possesion that caused harm to people, and did nothing to prevent it-- aren't you just as guilty?

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    as a poor pioneer, I really did not have the money. Now, I have the money (not pioneering..see the correlation),

LOL! Excellent!

I agree, you cannot steal something that is given away for free. If it WAS stealing, then it WOULDN'T be on a donation basis, and thus subject to tax laws.

Dave

• veen
    veen

An old dude from my old hall died recently. He left £750,000 to the society, and I'm not sure if that even included the money from the sale of his house. I'm pretty sure that'll cover it.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

crazyblondeb: stuff? how about remodeling KH's that dont need it. In one specific instance, they were only going to replace the roof (design flaw..it was from one of the original non-standard Borg designs...) before it started leaking as another area KH had. then someone left a boatload of money when they died (between $25-100K...dont want to get to specific) and all of a sudden...the RBC (regional building committee) said "go ahead and put your wants on the list of needs and we will do it all at once." How about... spend the money on what is necessary and either stash it in local savings? or do what the dub's will said: send any left over money to specifc KH named in the will?

Oh...thats right..no money left to share with those congs SHE specified to help them pay off their 3.5% loans......(our loans were paid off) WE need to redecorate! How selfish. I wonder if the dead dub's lawyer knows about that...oh..thats right...she trusted a local elder to be her Executor instead of a worldly lawyer....kinda like the wolf guarding the henhouse..doncha think?

as a side note...I had been the LBC chairman (Local Build Committee) on that project. I purposefully drug my feet for over a year to buy as much time for the roof as I could...so far still no movement in that KH on a remodel date... Then I found out one night with the rest of the R&F about the windfall check. The PO ambushed me. As soon as he came off the platform, I pointed my finger at him and then the library and said "NOW!" During the service meeting I proceeded to rip the PO a new a$$ for going behind my back. How dare he tell everyone else before he tells the chairman? I told him the BOE was meeting after the service meeting.....and at that meeting I told the rest of the BOE that the PO was now LBC chairman. That was the beginning of the end for me as an elder....

That's OK...I know from auditing the records in my old congo that very little went to WWW (never enough to cover the WTrash let alone the books, etc) or KH fund....

Which is why the Borg now sends "Suggested Donation" Letters to the local BOEs for CO health insurance and cars leases, etc. They would never get enough to cover that if they had to rely on the WWW fund. And the CO and DO submits expenses to the local congos....those are almost always rubber stamped. (Only once did I see a local BOE say no to something outrageous...sorry cant get that specific now). And if the CO is at a poor congo, he is encouraged to save the larger "out of the ordinary" expenses until he gets to the well off congos...and the local R&F consider it ssssuch a privilege..... phooey...they buy that B$. Even though I was a good dub elder and pioneer, I never bought that crap. I scrutinized every receipt for waste. I tried to be reasonable...since the CO makes their own "sacrifice" for the Borg. I even feel bad for some. One CO

I am out of that KH now... and moved to another KH where...guess what? that's right....a major remodel...instead of just fixing the peeling wallpaper, etc.....oh, no...this sounds like a complete (and unnecessary) gut job. NOT one penny from the Snake! Not one thin dime... no sssssir!

There were other things (stuff) too...I cant be more specific, but the last thing before I moved was nearly $10,000 worth of expenditures. Why they needed to spend money for top of the line when less money for something without all the bells and whistles would would have been good enough I dont know.

I cant stand the waste of money by the borg and by the borg's spawn.

...calm down snake.... good snake.....

SnakesInTheTower (of the Lazy Sheep Class)

ps...i know....I've expanded my own thread from paying for lit to paying for anything but so be it....maybe I will start another thread about wasting money on the borg.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit