Effective Ways To Lose Weight

by minimus 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Juice and nothing else?????

What's your take on phentermine??

Yup. I got the idea from the "7-day Quick-Weight-Loss Diet." The first two days of each week are juice-only days and they guarantee a person will lose 10 to 15 lbs. a week. It works, but the juice-only works faster. And it's healthy, too.

Phentermine is an amphetamine, like dexedrine and the black mollies of old......and expensive.

• juni
    juni

They should not be on that stuff - even w/quick results. My daughter in law used that stuff and it messed up her system big time. She got the pills online from Mexico. They are merely amphetamines - uppers.

As OUTLAW said> EXERCISE AND EATING PROPERLY is the answer for keeping it off!! The other ways are quick fixes and most people rebound gaining the weight back.

Sure the other way is slower, but healthier and you make life changes while doing it.

Also, it's not good to skip meals or "starve" yourself. Makes the body hold on to the fat for self preservation. My daughter was anorexic when a teen (coming out of the WT org. fallout) and had gained a lot of weight which she is now successfully losing by speed walking which she worked up to and carefully planning her meals. Also lifting weights to build back muscle tone.

Juni

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    My daughter's husband, her 2 best girlfriends and my ex are taking these mysterious pills that cut their appetite. Within 1 month they have all lost between 20 to 25 lbs. each!!!! When I saw my SIL the other day, I didn't recognize him even though I had seen him 3 weeks before.

I think it's called Meth. Have their teeth started to rot out?

As OUTLAW said> EXERCISE AND EATING PROPERLY is the answer for keeping it off!! The other ways are quick fixes and most people rebound gaining the weight back.

I agree. That's how I lost weight... and kept it off: Reasonable diet and regular exercise. Step away from the twinkie and put your hands in the air!!

• minimus
    minimus

Meth, huh? I'll ask about their toothies.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Low carb works for me when I follow it, and excercise. I'd be EXTREMELY wary of those pills. Bad news I'm sure.

As for hoodia, they have done tests on pills that claim to contain it and a good number turned out not to have any hoodia in it at all.

Green tea has a lot of health benefits, helps with appetite as well. Much better choice to add that to a healthy lower carb way of eating than pop a pill. Anything that easy can't be healthy.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Don't starve yourself or go on ultra-low calorie diets because your body just learns to manage on fewer calories - then when you start eating normally again, the weight piles on faster.

What the others said - balanced diet and lots of exercise.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

I made a list once of all the diet I have ever tried - it was a long list. I gave up eventually, because the end result of every diet was weight gain - I always gained back more than I lost. However, Last year I decided that I don't want high blood pressure or diabetes - those pretty much guarantee degenerative diseases. So I am NOT on a diet. I limit my calories - there are lots of web sites that will help you find out a reasonable amount of calories to eat. I finally settled on calorieking.com which is really very helpful. I write down everything I eat every day (calorie king has an online journal, and nutritional information about practically any food you can think of. I have lost 80 pounds at the very boring rate of 2 pounds a week.

Diets I have tried in the last 35 years:
    Grapefruit
    Raw food vegetarian
    Vegetarian
    Weight Watchers
    Hormone injections form Mexico - HGH
    Atkins Diet
    Low Carb
    Low Fat
    Apple cider vinegar diet
    Beverly Hills diet
    Blood type diet
    Cabbage soup diet
    The zone
    Chitosan
    Fat-X
    Cambridge
    Chinese diet teas
    Acupuncture
    Fen-phen
    Fit for life
    Glycemic revolution
    Jenny Craig
    Nutrisystem
    Macrobiotic
    Pritiken
    TOPS
    Juice diet (carrot/celery/apple juice every day plus vegetables and brown rice)
    Prozac – lost 50 pounds
    Plus two years at the gym with a personal trainer which made me much stronger but had NO effect on weight, although it cost me a lot of $$$.

• journey-on
    journey-on

It's simple: IF IT TASTES GOOD, DON'T EAT IT! Everything else is okay.

• misanthropic
    misanthropic
    My daughter's husband, her 2 best girlfriends and my ex are taking these mysterious pills that cut their appetite. Within 1 month they have all lost between 20 to 25 lbs. each!!!! When I saw my SIL the other day, I didn't recognize him even though I had seen him 3 weeks before.
    I think it's called Meth. Have their teeth started to rot out?

lol, yeah but he said they were 'taking mysterious pills' not snorting endless rails. Although whatever these "pills" are, they sound about as healthy.

• Scully
    Scully

Don't eat M&Ms. Especially the red ones.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit