How does one prepare themself to leave

by BFD 15 Replies latest jw friends

• BFD
    BFD

bump2

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

When the dubs started interfering with my employment and livelyhood. It was on. There was no more thinking about it. They never paid my bills and I could see they werent about to. In my mind when they cost me my job I said that was it and never looked back. It was 83 they missed the mark with armegedon , they cost me a college education and there flashing light was faltering it deffinitely wasnt getting any brighter.

I left in 83 and after I left I read some books to reinforce my position, LIke "30 years a watchtower slave" and from there I hooked up with "Comments from the Friends" Then sometimes after that Franz came out with his books.

Actually I had been perculating for a while, but there was no internett and no one to talk to for support. All I had was stuipid witness in- laws whispering in my ear.

After not being able to get an education and not able to find decent employment and with a wife and child the flashing light said, it was ok to carry a gun and be a policeman. By the time I went through all the processing and screening the light flipped back to no you couldnt carry a gun, and the witnesses came down and pressured me to leave my employment with the shrerriff one of the few good jobs someone could find without a college degree back in 83.

After I recovered from the mental truama they inflicted on me I left. If I would have stayed with the Sheriff, I would be retirred today with a nice pension, more than I make working full time as a correction officer for the state. I was never able to find as good of a job as the witnesses pressured me to leave with the sheriff.

They threatened me with possible disfelloshiping and that I could be killed and outside of the protection of Jehobers organization. I live in a county with over a million people and not one cop or sherrif has been killed in this county since 1983 but they were telling me I would be killed for taking that job.

I had to spend 20 years after 83 working in a machine shop, a job I hated. I could never get back with a sheriff after quitting.

It just wasnt that the job was good with lots of opportunity it was the benefits and retirement package. But they pressured me with the possiblity of being disfelloshiped loosing my family, being outside of Gods favor. And I succomed.

Things dont always work out for the best. Espcecially if the Jehobers Witnesses have a hand in it.

Now I have to try to work another 15 years because of that stupid religion. It makes my blood boil.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

If it's about to happen *real soon*, I'd suggest you get them to read a few stories here to at least know that they're not alone. If they won't do that, just be available for them. You got through it, I got through it - we know it's possible to get through it.

• brinjen
    brinjen

Do what you feel is right. As said before, make worldly friends, develop a hobby, get over your fear of Jehovah and the Elders. Remember, worldly people are not how the Dubs make them out to be. Read experiences of other ex-Dubs and how we coped. It will be hard but it will be worth it. You'll discover a new you, in a way you will feel re-born as you discover the world in a different light. It's not such a bad and scary place.

Be prepared for the Elders. They are going to tell you that you are being weak and succumbing to Satan's temptations. Don't listen to them. Take time out for yourself and remember your just a keyboard away from many others who have been through this already. Use this forum.

• blondie
    blondie

Examine how much these people really care for you while you were in the Borg. Was it unconditional? Did they only do things for you if you acted they way they expected and this is not just in regard to the WTS. Did they play favorites with you and your siblings? Did they manipulate you?

I have found talking with faders or those leaving, that their family life was not as loving as they thought.

You have some good information here; get to know new people; realize that it takes time to make friends in general. Volunteer, find hobbies, sports, get to know your neighbors, non-JW relatives.

Blondie

• BFD
    BFD

Thanks everyone for the good advice. It has been a long time since the pain of being shunned has reared it's ugly head in me.

I am projecting (I should know better) about the pain that friend will endure and very concerned that thier not really aware of the depth of it and want to my friend to be prepared. I really have to just need to let the cards fall where they may and will be there to offer my love and support, unconditionally.

Thanks again to all

BFD

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit