Watchtower to Sell 6 Brooklyn Heights Properties

by DannyHaszard 69 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• TheListener
    TheListener

So this one time I was staying at 34 Orange and this horrible pee smell started coming from the air conditioner....

I'm glad the powers that be are getting out of Brooklyn. I want them to appear more cultish to those that are unfamiliar with them. A farm or compound in New Jersey or New York State looks and sounds more cultic that many clean buildings in Brooklyn Heights.

I had too much to drink It's not relevant to anyone but me.

I also have all of my bethel paperwork. Including several (and different versions) copies of Dwelling In Unity and phone listings. If it would help expose the WT I'm sure my sober self could find a way to get copies to other people.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thanks for the info, Danny!

I'm really, really sure that:

1. The WTS wants needs the money in light of the declining income from "donations."

2. The property, when sold, will be put to MUCH better and more worthwhile uses.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Brooklyn is a great place that is improving dramatically! I LOVE NYC!!! Upstate NY though. . .going to pot apparently! Is it just me, or did the name Wallkill give you interesting ideas on what to do with the 'walls' that surround the tower?

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    I'm glad the powers that be are getting out of Brooklyn. I want them to appear more cultish to those that are unfamiliar with them. A farm or compound in New Jersey or New York State looks and sounds more cultic that many clean buildings in Brooklyn Heights.

Compelling comment.

(Sciento*ogy is HQed in sunny Clearwater Florida)

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

They still own the souls of the poor people who still belong to this cult in NYC.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Are we ignoring that they moved people to Patterson or just trying to see this as something that makes us think their are falling apart.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Good Lord! Watchtower Divesting Six Heights Props -- Brownstoner...

WitnessesTo Sell Standish Arms [Brownstoner] ... I have also heard that the Witnesses have abandoned their plans to build housing at their Jay Street plot...
    brownstoner.com/brownstoner/archives/2007/04/good_lord_watch.php - 32k - Apr 27, 2007 -
  • stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

CULTSWATTER SAID Hey Bethelites, can you now see how the WTS has manipulated you to create their empire? Go on strike at least and demand your long awaited pay raise, not the pitifull allowances you get today. Jee, Beths should be worth at least the minimum wage. Does not the scriptures say the worker is worthy of their wages??

Exceptionally good scriptural point

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

CA$HING in at CROOKLYN Good Lord! Watchtower Divesting Six Heights Props -- Brownstoner...

WitnessesTo Sell Standish Arms [Brownstoner] ... I have also heard that the Witnesses have abandoned their plans to build housing at their Jay Street plot...
    brownstoner.com/brownstoner/ archives/2007/04/good_lord_watch.php - 32k - Apr 27, 2007 -

Taking advantage of a booming market to reorganize its holdings, the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society is selling six Brooklyn Heights properties, the Brooklyn Daily Eagle reported this week. Three of the buildings — 169 (old news), 283 and 161 Columbia Heights (top row, left to right) — are being marketed as a package; the other three — 165 Columbia Heights, 105 Willow Street and 34 Orange Street (bottom row, left to right) — are available individually. There will be no asking prices. This announcement follows the sale last year of 89 Hicks Street to Brooklyn Law School and 67 Livingston to a private investor; the Witnesses also used to own 360 Furman Street, now destined for condos.
    Watchtower to Sell 6 Brooklyn Heights Properties [Brooklyn Eagle]Witnesses To Sell Standish Arms [Brownstoner]
  • juni
    juni

I have a question about why they do not have a listing price. Does this mean they are accepting only sealed bids?

Anyone have a suggestion?

Juni

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit