Watchtower to Sell 6 Brooklyn Heights Properties

by DannyHaszard 69 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Gayle
    Gayle

From "Advertise, Advertise, Advertise!" to "Sell, Sell, Sell!"

• Nulite
    Nulite

I worked in a bethel home department and visited all those buildings regularly. I lived in two properties that already sold. Back in the mid 90's brooklyn bethel was bursting at the seams. Every sqare inch was occupied. Providing services to some of those small properties was a pain in the neck. The Standish Bldg has some of the strangest people in Brooklyn Hts living there. The buildings are well kept like the article mentioned.

When they say it's not about the money. It's about the money.

Nulite

• startingover
    startingover

I have a question. So they are renting 3 of these properties, they are not using them for their own needs.

Do they pay tax on their rental income?

Do they depreciate the building like you have to do when a property is rented?

How can they be exempt from property taxes considering the above?

• gymbob
    gymbob

Dogpatch (Randy)~

I remember some 34 Orange parties with Peachtree...man that place was wild compared to the rest of the home!

What do you say we get together and BUY IT OURSELVES?!! GYMBB

• Gerard
    Gerard
    "The six properties are all residential and all in Brooklyn Heights, according to David Semonian, a spokesperson for the Watchtower Society, also known as the Jehovah’s Witnesses."

I forsee that all these Bethelites and workers that are being laid off will not have much fun nor funds. Will they blame Satan on their misfortune of being discarded by the WT?

• edmond dantes
    edmond dantes

Usually when a large corporation or buisness makes massive changes,selling property,etc.they inform the work force at some stage.Some enlightened companys' like to keep their workers or investors informed as to what is going on, if only to stop rumour.My question is this .How much financial infomation is being explained to the rank and file? Will there be a watchtower article discussing all the issues involved? Will they be explaining the total amount of money involved so that the hard working guys and gals can sleep easy in their beds at night knowing that the organisation is loking after their interest? After all it's the result of their free labour that have made it for the executives to control. The slave workers are told -" the truth will set you free". But how do you get them to see it?

• juni
    juni

Thank you Danny and Randy and others who have given the FACTS.

What an eye opener!!

Juni

I have another question? The WTB&TS must be right up there w/Donald Trump and his holdings. Anyone know? Yep. Free labor made them millions/billions (?)

• startingover
    startingover

I just did a search of county records and found the following:

Under Watchtower, there are 38 properties listed.

Here are details on the ones being sold:

169 Columbia Heights

2007 Property Taxes $23,969.72 Assessed value $3,324,600

183 Columbia Heights

2007 Property Taxes $2183.96 Assessed value $628,200 Purchased for $2.1m in 1986

161 Columbia Heights

2007 Property Taxes $9,120.84 Assessed value $258,240

165 Columbia Heights

2007 Property Taxes None listed Assessed Value $88,887 Purchased for $275,000 in 2002

105 Willow

2007 Property Taxes None listed Assessed Value $104,253 Purchased for $831,000 in 1988

34 Orange

2007 Property Taxes None listed Assessed Value $2,844,000

It appears they are actually paying property tax on 3 of the properties. Values listed don't always reflect current values, not sure how it works in NY, in CA they reflect the sale price.

One of their other properties at 107 Columbia Heights has an assessed value of $5,778,000 with a purchase date of 1954.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Will there be a watchtower article discussing all the issues involved?

They'll probably make it sound like they need money and give some b*llsh*t reason that the R&F will swallow. Then more and more of the poor brainwashed sheople will fork over their hard-earned $$ and will their entire life savings and property to the families of the governing body organization. It just makes me sick.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

Hey gymbob!

That would be cool to buy 34 Orange (except for the $3 million price tag) as we could have some REAL apostate parties!

I vote mouthy as the house mom!

Randy

Bethel cartoons: http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/toons/cabeen.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit