New Here

by Angry_Kangaroo 27 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Welcome aboard, Angry Kangaroo ! Make yourself at home and enjoy!

I hope in time you'll be able to get rid of the Angry Kangaroo but for now, I hope that folks here can support you.

We have a lot of posters from downunder on JWD, some pop in from time to time, so stick around and you'll get to know them.

Poor mum must be devastated as she sees what has happened as a disaster. Of course, you'll get to know better. Quite simply, going back has nothing to offer and it might be a knidness to make that clea to mum right now. In time she too might get to see that there is life after the borg.

Cheers, Ozzie

Freedom means not having to wear a tie.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hi.

Welcome to JWD.

You can be yourself here.

It's just like being in one big kingdom hall full of real people with real feelings and real smiles.

Quite a change from the JW kingdom hall, eh.

• BFD
    BFD

Welcome, Angry Kangaroo! You have come to the right place for support. Keep posting and reading, things will turn around for you.

BFD

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Welcome Kangaroo.

I want to talk with her about it, but I worry since her faith does keep her going. I want her to see things another way, and at the same time I don't. She is getting so weak lately, I just don't want to drop a bomb on her at this stage.

That is the toughest question. Ultimately there is no answer. If you show her why you don't believe she will (1) continue to believe and be more dissappointed in you (2) stop believing (unlikely) and feel she has wasted her entire life.

If you don't show her why you don't believe and just don't return at least she will hold out some hope that you will return in the future. However she will not let up giving you the JW guilt trip.

It is not worth fighting over religion, you will regret it if the final years with your mother are full of bitterness. I recommend you research until you are totally convince why it is not the truth so that you can move on from all the guilt and fear the Watchtower instills in its followers. Then set about building a happy life for yourself. That is the best answer anyone can give a JW.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

WELCOME A-K.

Glad to have you on-board.

• free2think
    free2think

Welcome to jwd Angry Kangaroo. Thank you for sharing your story, and I'm really sorry to hear about your mum's illness.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Angry_Kangaroo, and welcome to the forum.

I am very glad to see you here.

I am sorry to read of your mums illness, but don't let that persuade you to go back to the wts when it is clearly something you don't want to do. From her perspective, losing all of her children to "the world" is a disaster, and she would gain some comfort if one of them took steps to return. Perhaps that is why she is getting at you now to take steps to become a jw again, she may see you as the best prospect among the family, as you were the last one to leave.

• jakes
    jakes

Welcome Angry Kangaroo

Enjoy your stay with us here on JWD.

jakes

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

Hi Angry Kanga. Welcome!! Sorry your mom is so ill. You will find lots of very supportive people here. Keep posting.

• LeslieV
    LeslieV

Welcome AK glad that you are here with us. I have to agree that it is not the time to try to change your mother's mind. If it makes her happy right now, so be it. As far as you are concerned, avoid the question as much as possible. Just tell her you need a break. She doesn't have to know that you mean a break forever from a cult. To return to the cult for her would not work anyways. Obviously, she must be semi talking with you if she keeps asking you about returning. Just show her love and care right now. JMO

Leslie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit