New Here

by Angry_Kangaroo 27 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

I lost my stepmom to cancer over a year ago. All I ever want to do for declining cancer patients is to make their day a little lighter somehow. It's a tough one, I agree. I like how OnTheWayOut strikes a balance:

If you think it's best for her health to not dash her hopes, and you can not get caught in a promise to do something toward reinstatement, then you could refrain from telling her you have no intention of going back. If she wants promises, then you have to say NO.

Maybe because I have never been a Witness, I am able to comfort JW's with the words that will make THEM feel better. For instance, when my JW husband's mother passed away, I reassured him that a loving Jehovah would surely resurrect her to the paradise earth, she was such a lovely woman her whole life (not a JW by the way). The congregation, on the other hand, "comforted" him by reminding him to stay faithful in service so he could see her some day.

It must be tearing your mom apart imagining that she will be in paradise, alone, without her children. Does your mom still talk to you? If she does, perhaps you can comfort her with the thought that Jehovah's love and Jehovah's justice is perfect, far better than any man's. Even imperfect elders. Surely Jehovah can look at the hearts of ALL your siblings and give them a chance to join her in paradise.

Or perhaps you can ask if Jehovah speaks to the hearts of the pagans in the deepest China, where no literature can penetrate. Does not Jehovah speak through creation? (Acts 17:22-32) If Jehovah is everywere, reading all men's hearts, not just in the Kingdom Hall, couldn't he read YOUR heart as well and find forgiveness, even if the elders haven't?

Just a few thoughts.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Thank you for your very "kind pm"...I just pm'ed you back!

I watched my Mom die of cancer when I was 14. It was what Dr. Phil said: " a defining point in my life".

I can understand why you don't want to rock the boat with how you feel about the religion....with your Mom.

Do you get together with your siblings? This can be a source of strength for you, with your mom being so sick.

hugs to you

Codeblue

• Open mind
    Open mind

Welcome Kanga:

Not wanting to break my parents heart was probably the biggest reason I decided to stay in about 20 yrs ago. All things considered, it was a poor decision.

Whose life is it? We were raised to believe that it's really Jehovah's life, not our own, and we need to do what he says. But, then where's the free will in that?

He might as well have made us instinctive "bow-downers".

Stay free. You won't regret it.

Open Mind

• ninja
    ninja

double post again...oops

• ninja
    ninja

hey angy kangy.....welcome to the board... with real peeps who WILL tell you when you tuck your skirt into your knickers accidentally...and not laugh at you too much....ninja

• golf2
    golf2

Greetings and welcome. Your in a better position than I to know your circumstances, the best.

Golf

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Welcome to the board!

I am glad you are out of the WTS, but sorry for the problems it is causing with your Mom. You HAVE to be true to yourself if you want to have any kind of rewarding life. Stop---please STOP feeling guilty for leaving a cult that wants nothing more than to control every aspect of your life---forever.

It's very hard when a Mom sees her family dissolving away from the WTS---I raised six kids and only one has (at this point) remained in the WTS. I felt awful when they began to show signs of discontent and of course, I shunned THEM when the WTS said to do so. I DO understand where your Mom is coming from on this...but she is mistaken and misinformed---following the opinions of MEN as her spiritual leaders. Being ill just adds to her confusion and dependence on that belief system, as flawed as it is.

Just acknowledge her feelings...be kind and loving....but stick to your guns. You have LOTS of friends who understand everything you are going through here.....

hugs,

Annie

• mouthy
    mouthy

She is getting so weak lately, I just don't want to drop a bomb on her at this stage.I can understand that ...But can you not pray with her ,when visiting her. !
    Just to mention what a loving Jehovah we have -that even though she is walking through the valley of the Shadow of death.
    We can listen to Gods Son Whom Jehovah told us to listen too. & comfort her by saying Jehovah examines hearts & she must know her kids that left the organization are not bad -so she can leave them with God( Jehovah<<<< a name I dont use anymore .... Jesus is my GOD
    Glad your here

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit