What Have You Learned From JWD?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    We are both disgusted and infuriated at what those hypocrites get away with. Flipper

Thanks for both your disgust and infuriation. They are much appreciated. LOL!

Please give our regards to Mr. Flipper.

Nvr

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

That some people are really really angry

That some people just don't care

That some people have taken some JW traits along w/ them in their non-JW life (right/wrong, black/white way of thinking)

That some people put in as much time researching against the JWs as the WTBTS spends in spinning a good tale.

That for some people if you say anything that is close to positive about the JWs they see you as a troll and/or traitor

That many people have experiences some sad things during their life time. And everybody could use a hug at someone point.

• Mrs Smith
    Mrs Smith

When we are going through tough times we think that no one has ever gone through the same pain and no one will understand how we feel. We are sometimes afraid of been judged by others if we express ourselves.

On this forum I've learnt that in one way or another many have gone through the same bad experiences. Many will know exactly how you feel. Many will support you rather than judge you.

• moshe
    moshe

I have learned that WT leadership is still just as closed minded as when I left the KH in 1988.

I can help others recover from WT abuse.

I have made peace with my time spent as a JW.

I have met people who feel just like I do about injustice.

I am not alone in having a desire to tell JW's, "see, I told you so"

• TheCoolerKing
    TheCoolerKing

Like many of the other posters on here, I learned that I am not alone. I learned that we all share a common bond. That we were all once Watchtower slaves, but now we have seen the "new light" and are finally free!!!

And most important, I learned that apostates have a great sense of humor and make terrific friends!!!

• compound complex
    compound complex

I have found that my friends here are not a figment of my cyber-imagination but are flesh-and-blood, caring and generous souls. It is a real community, and the true diversity of thought and belief [feared by the WT] is refreshing and stimulating. It only serves to upbuild me and in no way threatens my spiritual existence.
    Cannot believe, till now, the truth behind Proverbs 17:15 and how these words condemn the Society and her under-handed methods:

"To acquit the wicked and condemn the righteous,
    both are abominable in the LORD's sight."
    - THE NEW ENGLISH BIBLE

CoCo

• minimus
    minimus

CoCo, I'm glad you're here!

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanx for all you do, Minimus! I'm glad to be here! May all your threads continue to be well-traveled..................[no problem there!]

CoCo

• free2beme
    free2beme

There are good and bad people in and out and reminders surface often

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit