What Have You Learned From JWD?

by minimus 38 Replies latest jw friends

• done4good
    done4good

That I knew a lot more than I thought I did...

j

• PEC
    PEC

That you never get over being a JW, if you family is still in. It is an on going lifetime battle.

Philip

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

that minimus asks too many silly questions and jumps on the bandwagon when other people start threads he hadnt though of

• minimus
    minimus

Stilla, you got an issue with me?>?? Seems like you do.

• minimus
    minimus

One thing I've come to appreciate is that each congregation and locality do things differently-----even if published information by the Society says otherwise. Even if the "official" answer is supposed to be a certain thing, many bodies of elders make their rules up as they go along. So seeing the perspectives and experiences of different posters has helped me to see how the "unified worldwide brotherhood" really works.

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk
    That apostates are not stupid, demonized, vicious, lying, cruel, vomit-eaters! But, rather, most are highly intelligent, free-thinking, kind, loving, concerned, truth seekers.

Ditto!

Nvrgnbk

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

I have learned that outside of ones own personal experience no one person has the answers to these questions. Where did we come from? Why are we here? Where are we going? What is the meaning of life? Does God exist? Is there life after death?

Many fine topics have been covered in trying to answer these questions? Belief systems are many and varied and personal. Etc; Etc; Etc;

Many fine poster's have given their own thoughts on these questions, but, in the end no ones really knows the answers. You can quote the Bible, God isn't talking, Jesus has not come back, some say that they have answers through personal experience which cannot be argued. Scholars abound for and against on the same subject, take your pick. Still I come here and read what others have to say, it gives me pause.

I have also learned that many of us share the same experiences and are searching for answers.

Blueblades

• Honesty
    Honesty

That I have a mind no matter how hard the Watchtower cult tried to f^ck with it.

• nowisee
    nowisee

- that i am not alone

- that i do not have all the answers that i thought i had

- that there is more than one side to every question

- that the wts is a false prophet (for sure!)

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Minimus,

In addition to most of the above [with which I agree], I have learned humility and my own unimportance. If one has had some position within and without the Borg, one can feel a sense of self-importance, even if only unwittingly. Particularly when one speaks the Word of God at the higher levels in the WT and is given more than the average respect and deference. It's all too wrong.
    JWD is a great leveling field and I have welcomed the critiques and comparatively docile flamings I've received. You, though, Minimouse, have always been fun and never made me feel stupid, though I am quite capable of doing that on my own.

May Red Dot - behind the Foster Grants - abide forever!

CoCo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit