Update Regarding How The May 1 QFR Is "Playing" In The Congregations

by Justitia Themis 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Zack wrote

"I talked to an elder friend of mine the other day about my skipping meetings as of late (it has become quite obvious). I told him that I would go back to the meetings if he could gaurantee that the doctrines would keep from changing. He couldn't. I haven't."

Bravo zack I love that response.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Zack wrote

"I talked to an elder friend of mine the other day about my skipping meetings as of late (it has become quite obvious). I told him that I would go back to the meetings if he could gaurantee that the doctrines would keep from changing. He couldn't. I haven't."

Bravo zack I love that response.

• jwsons
    jwsons

LET'S DISFELLOWSHIP The former President Fred Franz, dump him into the same grave with Charles T. Russell:

** w99 2/1 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels *** "No More Additions!" At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. "No, no more additions!" he said. "That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away."

jwsons

• jwsons
    jwsons

LET'S DISFELLOWSHIP The former President Fred Franz, dump him into the same grave with Charles T. Russell:

** w99 2/1 19 Our Treasure in Earthen Vessels ***
    "No More Additions!"
    At a Gilead graduation in 1970, Frederick Franz, then vice-president of the Watch Tower Society, told the students of the possibility that they, who were all of the other sheep with earthly hopes, might baptize someone who might claim to be of the anointed remnant. Could this happen? Well, he explained that John the Baptist was of the other sheep, and he baptized Jesus and some of the apostles. Then he went on to ask whether there still was a call for gathering in more of the remnant. "No, no more additions!" he said. "That call ended way back there in 1931-35! There are no more additions. Who, then, are the few newly associated ones who are partaking of the Memorial emblems? If they are of the remnant, they are replacements! They are, not additions to the ranks of the anointed, but replacements for those who may have fallen away."

jwsons

• penny2
    penny2

The May 1 WT is the current study issue and I've only just had the opportunity to discuss the QFR with some of my JW relatives. A couple of months ago they were trying to tell me that many of the original 144,000 must have become unfaithful (to cause so many replacements). Now they can barely remember that the WTS previously taught that the heavenly calling ceased in 1935 - except for replacements.

This selective memory syndrome is so frustrating. Even more so is their unquestioning acceptance of anything published by the WTS.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I recently had lunch with a current dub and brought up the issue. She perked up immediatly(probably because I was the only one besides her that read it.) She started to ask what I think it meant so I told her it seems as if they are hedging their bets, considering the number of anointed isn't decreasing as they foretold it would, she said she agreed. Sadly right after this she started saying how great the society is in giving us such 'food' at the proper time.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit